Skip to content

Sport Why is Casey unpopular in England?? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Sport > MotoGP > Why is Casey unpopular in England??

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

scandinavian

Dec 10

scandinavian says:

Why is Casey unpopular in England??

I wonder why Casey Stoner is unpopular in England? I find him a very talented racer who ride without sending psykolgical messages to his colleges. To me he seems to be what a racer should be: honest and straight forward, not like som of the two faced Italians with a lot of "mind-games".:blink:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (05 May 2011 12:31)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Stoner

Maybe it's just beacuse he's and Aussie :lol:; but you'd have to be British to understand that. 

Anyone that is at the top of an internetional sport must be utterly confident and conviced they are the best.  So, it is not hard to see how some of the mind-games develop between these guys.  My sport was Rugby and, duing my playing days, I saw many a team that were beaten mentally before taking to the pitch.  The result usually reflected their state of mind.    

Reply to this Topic
Si749

Oct 03

Si749 says:

Cant speak for anyone else but for me...

1) He's Australian

2) He moans a lot

3) He's not that good

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Si749

Oct 03

Si749 says:

....and he's got the personality of a paper clip

Reply to this Topic
motogpnorival

Feb 10

He is.......

......... very popular in Wales.........

Reply to this Topic
thebigpicture

Apr 11

Si749

Not very good???? he's probably the best rider today, I'm still tipping him to win the championship this year. Personality? you've met him have you? he's there doing a job, a job he is totally focused on and breaths everyday. many at the top have to act in certain ways to ensure they succeed. I expect you'd find a very different Casey in the real world, not all can put on a smiley/jokey Rossi face week in week out.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Stoner

It might be because he actually beat Rossi to a championship and this upset some of the biggoted numpties (of course that was just the bike though according to the anti brigade).

He does have something of a whinny accent when he's talking but many people try to twist his words. If he says he made a mistake he's a numpty, If he says  there are things they need to improve he's moaning. If Rossi doesn't win and says the bike needs development then thats just constructive (??). Unfortunately some people have just gotten it in their heads to dislike him and nothing will change that now.

He doesn't show his emotions much to the UK public maybe partially because some of them appear to stab him in the back. He also had a mysterious illness which people casually associated with lack of commitment to win.

It is now blatantly obvious however that he is one of the top rung racers in the MotoGP grid and has a significant likelyhood of winning this years championship. All the rest is just bravado and huff from those who don't know him.

Reply to this Topic
scandinavian

Dec 10

scandinavian says:

paper clip?

What is a paper clip?

..and did you know Mr.Stoner personally?

Reply to this Topic
Si749

Oct 03

Si749 says:

Hi, bigoted numpty back again,:smile

Sorry, shameless Rossi fan here so comparing Stoner to VR is always going to be a bit like comparing chalk with cheese for me. 

No, I havent met him but that doesn’t mean to say I can't form an opinion on him based on the countless hours of interviews etc I've seen.  I appreciate he can't be all smiles and his on screen personality probably differs a lot to his off track persona, but hey, its all about opinions isnt it?  Just cos mine differs from yours doesn’t make either one of us correct - same as I'd imagine your opinion on Rossi differs to mine.

Is he that good?  Well, he doesn’t excite me like Rossi or Marco Simo but then neither does wee Dani and I wouldn’t call him shite per se.  I just like to see a little more balls on the line so to speak from my top class riders and I don’t really see that with the Moaner (see Laguna etc. etc...).

Sorry to piss on yer chips and that, I'm not saying he's useless, he just bores me to tears and that’s just the way I see it.  I like a bit of character in me riders/sportsmen.

Scandinavian, a paper clip does exactly what it say on the tin.  Its clips paper together.

Ta la's

S

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

Personality

It's just because he doesn't leap around like a ten year old getting ice cream at his birthday party when he wins, like a certain Mr. Rossi, that people say he hasn't got a personality. He's a racer doing a dangerous job and he needs to be totally focused on what he's doing but at least he will give an honest opinion rather than just play juvenile mind games. Wonder what the Rossi fans would say if it was Stoner who didn't give interviews on the grid, prayed to his footpeg and picked his arse before every race and constantly wanted his bike to have upgrades so he could ride like he wanted to rather than just ride it like it was designed to be ridden, which is hard and fast to get those bridgestones up to temperature and optimum performance which enables the bike to piss off into the distance like it has on many occasions with Stoner at the helm. "It's the rider not the bike," he said when he switched to Yamaha, seems to me that it's Stoner who's proving that right now riding a bike "developed" by Pedro and just getting on it and doing it. Give the bloke an honest break by looking at Motogp objectively instead of sucking up all the Rossi hype that's been thrown at us these past fifteen years or so. It's not all about him, it wasn't before and when he retires it won't be again.

Reply to this Topic
Si749

Oct 03

Si749 says:

"Rossi hype" Steve?

Bit more than that isnt it?

Everyone's obviously got their favourite/least favourite riders but that doesnt mean to say you cant point out obvious flaws in each rider individually.  Yeh Stoners a good rider, course he is, but he's not untouchable when it comes to criticism, same as Valentino isnt.

Perhaps i should start a thread about why Rossi isnt very popular.  You can fill yer boots lad and im not sure i'd be as arsed as some of those defending ickle Casey come across.

....and besides, Cal Crutchlow and Marco Simoncelli are where its @ this season.:sunglasses::tongue:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices