Skip to content

Sport Why is Casey unpopular in England?? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Sport > MotoGP > Why is Casey unpopular in England??

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

scandinavian

Dec 10

scandinavian says:

Why is Casey unpopular in England??

I wonder why Casey Stoner is unpopular in England? I find him a very talented racer who ride without sending psykolgical messages to his colleges. To me he seems to be what a racer should be: honest and straight forward, not like som of the two faced Italians with a lot of "mind-games".:blink:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (05 May 2011 12:31)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

I

Think he's growing up and learning all about spitting your dummy and how people dislike people who just moan like bitches.... which, he did.

But.. riding to his potential.. as he now is, and finally having reliable top-quality machinery underneath him has subdued his clear frustration of yesteryear and he is becoming a much nicer, amiable and informative rider during interviews and certainly seems to have a good way with words whereas before words were often ill-considered.. and left him open to criticism.

Just like every other human being then!!! So i've slated Casey in the past but i'm liking him more and more. Didn't think i'd say that... people change give him a chance.. The boy certainly can ride very quick.. definitely one of the best in the world.

Si... I make you almost right although I fear you may only have 46 eyes!!  :wink:

Reply to this Topic
StealthSV

Feb 08

StealthSV says:

Errrrrr.......

He's still a cock tho!!:lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
hoon

Jan 05

hoon says:

stoner

highest win to start ratio in 800 era ,would have been more if he moved to honda sooner
at this moment stoner and honda are the best package
he could ride and win on the ducati (out of the last 6 races from last year i think, but am not sure, that he was on championship winning form) something mr r hasnt done yet
personally i like him cos he speaks straight and hes an adults rider , no silly stickers of his dog on his bike... dumbass graphics for the kiddies
his major fault is hes an Aussie but even then thats partly our fault for sending his relatives there a long time ago

Reply to this Topic
jackp121

Aug 11

jackp121 says:

he is becouse..

he moans at riders in qualifying he thinks he can question the greatest talent in history(valentino) and the british obviously dont like that!

Reply to this Topic
nickhowes

Aug 09

nickhowes says:

Stoner/Rossi

Rossi the "greatest talent in history"?  He's pretty good, but he'll never approach the "greatest motorcycle racing talent in history", who was Jarno Saarinen.  World 250cc champ in 1972 and, before he was killed at Monza in 1973, was romping away with the 250cc and 500cc world championships.  No less a racer than Phil Read has said that he was the best he ever raced against and that includes so many of the best-ever talents, like Ago, Bill Ivy, Barry Sheene, Kenny Roberts ad nauseam ad infinitum.  Also, remember that those halcyon days had racers entering several classes on GP day, none of this prima donna, one class, millionaire-making, 17-rider-grid GP racing of today.

Reply to this Topic
kentguy

Aug 07

kentguy says:

halcyon days

Don't forget they also rode in national meetings such as the MCN series and transatlatics.
Nowadays they only do 16 or 17 races and a bit of practice.

Reply to this Topic
danielcraig

Feb 12

danielcraig says:

I love Moto GP

I love motoGP.
I enjoy watching it everytime.

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

It's the whining and moaning

Personally I can't stand his constant moaning and lack of personality.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
emznorr

Mar 12

emznorr says:

Moaner

He doesn't have the outgoing, fun personality of other riders like Rossi and the late, great Simo. Also, he whines too much about everything...making the Stoner=Moaner rhyme all the more clear! :)

Reply to this Topic
MOTOGPNEWS

Mar 12

MOTOGPNEWS says:

because he is good and not a prankster

i love rossi, but i respect stoner for his sheer speed and commitment, but i think the uk guys dont like him because he's not a prankster like rossi, simoncelli which us brits love!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle