Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Suzuki GSR750 vs Suzuki GSX-R750 First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Suzuki GSR750 vs Suzuki GSX-R750

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Suzuki GSR750 vs Suzuki GSX-R750

The new Suzuki GSR750 is a naked streetbike that costs £7,125, while the GSX-R750 is a focused sports bike that costs £10,026. £3000 more than the GSR750. But do you really need a focused sports bike, or will a cheaper naked bike cope just as well? We tested both bikes on the road and then took them to Brands Hatch to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (05 May 2011 17:36)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YORKSHIRE1003

Apr 11

Of course the GSX-R is faster but probably not by much, being the same engine. I would have the GSR; it looks great and i'm sure that's the only main difference... oh, and the £3k price gap which I would use to get a different can because the GSR's is the only bit of the bike that looks like a scooter.

...and upside-down forks?? what's that about?

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

Scandalous!!

They have just blatantly copied the looks of the CB1000!! Still, It looks good though and i would rather it than the GSX-R!

Reply to this Topic
ERP30

Apr 06

ERP30 says:

Good Video

Good job lads..... enjoyed that Video..

Reply to this Topic
daveire

Sep 10

daveire says:

Ya by buying the GSR you'd save 3 grand but everytime you ride it you'd wish you had a GSXR. You'd be telling people its the same as the GSXR but its not. I would rather buy a clean second hand GSXR than that.

Reply to this Topic
davemolly

May 05

davemolly says:

Always at a bloody track

Why do they insist on testing these ROAD bikes at a track? 99% of buyers will never go near one.I would much rather see/read a comprehensive road report than half road half track anyday. Could it be an excuse for a track day lads?

Reply to this Topic
Toecutter71

Jun 10

Toecutter71 says:

For me GSR750 is not new bike.

I like a big fan of Suzuki (owner of a small bandit and 750 GSX-R k5) I have to say that the Suzuki disappointed with two things ... first is the lack of truly and completely new models in the class of Turing and the Street ... The Suzuki on contests I have not a lot of nice words, except in the USA and when he finds himself in the hands of a good driver on the Isle of Man (which is worth) but generally I think that Suzuki in its global Bike range more and more behind other manufacturer.New GSR is probably very drivable and universal bike but it is just bike which make of old Suzuki parts(Engine GSXR750 K5, Rear fork Bandit, Front break callipers Gladius and Vstrom....etc)that is not definition of brand new bike and his price is shameless for old parts., I rather  bought for the same money KAWASAKI Z750R (four pistons brake calipers, aluminum rear fork+less waight)

Reply to this Topic
neilybabe

Mar 05

neilybabe says:

gixer or gsr?

I rode both of these bikes back to back to see which one I would buy. i bought the gsxr because of its cudos, stunning handling on the road ( dont give a toss about the track ), nothing phased it at all , and is a step forwards from my '07 K7 gsxr which is no mean feat. However, the gsr was totally brilliant to ride and just about as much fun as I'd had on a bike in 40yrs of riding. The power delivery is simular to my bandit 1250, and feels like half the weight. Handling is bob on and only for my heart ruling my head I would of bought one.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices