Skip to content

Discuss This Husqvarna reveals new 900cc parallel twin road bike engine New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Husqvarna reveals new 900cc parallel twin road bike engine

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Husqvarna reveals new 900cc parallel twin road bike engine

Italian firm Husqvarna has unveiled a new 900cc engine based around the BMW F800 engine that will power the first of five new road bikes being launched in the next five years. Husqvarna revealed the bold new road bike plans to MCN just three weeks ago and revealed the firm was already well underway with road bike development thanks to the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (06 May 2011 09:24)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BBQdog

Jul 10

BBQdog says:

Ruining Husqy

Seems BMW is turning Husqy into another of those brands with only big fat bikes.

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

BMW Mechanic

BMW guy is saying "oi, thats our engine" Lol

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Lightning Boy

Mar 07

Fat?

Yeah, I know what you mean about fat engines - what the hell is going on that a tourer needs a 1600cc 6 cyl and even a modest bike is a 1200cc? There's a guy I work with, just started riding, so he's on an R6... I cant think of anything less appropriate or more likely to kill him. That said, I love my Guzzi and that's no waif :)

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

BMVARNA.......???

This `NEW' engine from the collusion(lol)of Husqvarna/Bmw looks a bit DATED too me already. It looks long,has what would appear to be a single ohc design and looks like they have gone to the parts bin from the early nineties for something to do.I thought they would have used a more compact engine,I.E stacked gearbox. Still,this could be an early prototype.I wonder why they didn't go along the lines of a v-twin? AH,who gives a s*** anyway.......

Reply to this Topic
ruxxy

Oct 09

ruxxy says:

Hopes

I really wish Husq the best with this project. Maybe they will have the balls to release an innovative, relevant and useable road bike that has the design flair that so many companies have promised with concept bikes, but then failed to translate to the real item.

Reply to this Topic
EK_Biker

Nov 07

EK_Biker says:

A 900cc Husqvarna you say?

Now you have my attention, tell me more

Reply to this Topic
BBQdog

Jul 10

BBQdog says:

My point is: Husqy has always been known for relatively nimble single cilinders.

What is the point turning Husqy's into fat BMW's with the Husqy name on it ??

Rumour is BMW bought Husqy to get rid of the huge stock of engines they have,

the over-produced/ordered.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

BBQdog

I' afraid you have it all wrong. This is a small engine, it looks bigger than it is due to the camera angle and I'm sure the bike will look great.

Reply to this Topic
AlexL

Feb 09

AlexL says:

dated engine

STRESSED1 some may say that their boxer is also dated but it doesn't stop it being used in some of the most popular/successful bikes. This particular Rotax 800 is actually a very good engine. Very flexible, smooth and economic. I'm looking forward to seeing the result.

Reply to this Topic
sandmacker

Oct 10

sandmacker says:

New TRX??

A modern TRX perhaps? Please Husqy, weight down , torque up,  wheel base short , and real world ergos, and you'd have a winner

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices