Skip to content

Discuss This Monza WSB: Laverty does the double World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Monza WSB: Laverty does the double

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Monza WSB: Laverty does the double

Factory Yamaha rider Eugene Laverty has won both superbikes races at Monza today after Max Biaggi was given a ride through penalty.  Max Biaggi got a good start and pulled away from the rest of the field, opening up a five second lead before he ran straight on at the end of the front straight with seven laps remaining. The race organisers gave...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (08 May 2011 15:32)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

MotoGP.

Was good back in the day but who are the ones that ruined the whole class Honda when they were the ones who pushed Dorna, FIM and the MSMA into going into 800cc rules.

Reply to this Topic
bruncvik

Aug 09

bruncvik says:

@ mrblistershifter

"Last time I saw the Yamaha WSB go like that, Ben Spies was on it." 

I take it you missed Silverstone last year?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Mikeyy

Oct 10

Mikeyy says:

Firstly well done to Laverty he had looked good all weekend and performed 110% on race day and also stuffed up Melandri which is nice to see.

Great to see Fabrizo and Haga getting a good result hopefully they can keep that pace up

As for the Biaggi ride through it was defiantly fair even though he was leading by 5 seconds and didnt real gain an advantage over any over riders but rules are rules if you think about it the officals dont always get their decisions right but im glad Biaggi didnt moan about it.

Anyways Salt Lake City next hope fully Checa wont breakdown so it atleast won make the race boring like last year when Biaggi just cruzed to a double last year :)

Reply to this Topic
ivanvr

Jul 09

ivanvr says:

Ride Through

Nice to See Yamaha running so well .

I see Laverty also missed a corner when he nearly fell off and never got a ride through -

Race Direction Cannot give Max a ride through penalty as they do not know how much time was gain lost in missing the corner - If they had to prove without a doubt that the time was made up by missing the corney they would never be able too ? Who say max did not make it up on other parts of the circuit because he made a mistake in the corner ? How can it be said ? They assume because the laptime was slower my a small amount it was because he missed the corner and maybe it was just who really knows for sure ????  They just do not have the technolgy in place to make the decision they did !  

Rules are rules as a rider is must be hard when ok missed the corner ? What must I do now ? Go back one place and then race again - Count to 5000  ? Its not defined - Max would surely have a case if someone lower in the filed missed the corner without gaining a place and was not given a ride through ( Which happens often and I never see those riders get ride throught penalty's ) Rules are Rules but then they have to be Ruled with a ruler ? Where is the ruler ?

Reply to this Topic
GuyGraham

Aug 02

GuyGraham says:

Ben52

How many riders do you see turning down a MotoGP ride to go to WSB

Ben Spies soon jumped over to MotoGP, as did Toseland to name just two

Did Biaggi and Melandri turn down MotoGP rides to go over WSB - I think not. There were no MotoGP rides left so it was their only option

WSB is second division, always has been and always will be

Accept the fact that MotoGP is number one irrespective of whether the racing is better in WSB, or not

Reply to this Topic
robmclean71

Oct 05

robmclean71 says:

Monza 2011

Got back from Monza yesterday and what an awesome weekend it was! Great venue, passionate fans,and fantastic racing, I recommend anyone who hasn't been to put it on there to do list. Well done to Eugene & Chaz, blowing away the Italians on there home circuit. As for Biaggi I can't say I feel sorry for the pint size prima donna, if you don't turn up for the rider briefings in person then you don't deserve any sympathy. Even the Italians seem divided on him one half loving him and the others cheering for Marco. In fact the post race interview in the paddock was invaded by the Max Biaggi Fanclub who chanted his name during Marco's, Fab's and Eugene's interviews - what a bunch of arrogant tossers, just like there hero!

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

robmclean71

Monza rules. I was there about 4 years back. Flew out there to Milan and a hire car to the campsite next t the track. And lucky for us Nori took the double! I will never forget it, Monza is a very special place!

Reply to this Topic
FATFRYER

Aug 02

FATFRYER says:

Bollocks

Sorry GuyGraham You must Be whatching something totally differant to me when it comes to MOTO GP.

MOTO GP is ROSSI,LORENZO,STONER AND PRDROSA,The one that survives the first lap and is leading is normally the winner and then the rest just make up the places.

Unless it rains its sooooooooooooooooo Boring 9 times out of ten .

Lacuna Seca was the last good MotoGP race when Rossi Stuffed Stoner how many YEARS ago was that?

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Fatfryer.

There have only been two decent races in MotoGP the one you mentioned Laguna and Catalunya 2009 the last lap battle between Rossi and Lorenzo and also the Spies v Dovi battle at Aragon last year even though that was for 5th place also Vale stuffing Jorge in Motegi last year.

Reply to this Topic
tomoijsg

Jun 08

tomoijsg says:

GuyGraham

Thank god for second division racing then.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices