Skip to content

Discuss This Monza WSB: Laverty does the double World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Monza WSB: Laverty does the double

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Monza WSB: Laverty does the double

Factory Yamaha rider Eugene Laverty has won both superbikes races at Monza today after Max Biaggi was given a ride through penalty.  Max Biaggi got a good start and pulled away from the rest of the field, opening up a five second lead before he ran straight on at the end of the front straight with seven laps remaining. The race organisers gave...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (08 May 2011 15:32)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bruncvik

Aug 09

bruncvik says:

@ ppatel3d

Chaz Davies to Tech 3? Hmm, there are a lot of contenders for that ride next year, including Moto2 runners Bradl, Iannone, Luthi and current Tech 3 runner Bradley Smith (as well as Colin Edwards again.) Dovizioso might also be looking at the ride by the end of the year, so there'll be some serious competition for it.

I do think that if Laverty carries this form to other circuits then he'll possibly be in contention for the ride too. If Chaz gets into the MotoGP paddock with Tech 3 I think it's much more likely to be with their Moto2 team.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

FANTASTIC DISPLAY

of racing by all concerned. Imagine how good superbikes would be with a prototype frame  , Why would you bother with GP, s ??? They may get better once we get back to 1000 cc but  I personally think they ve  got no chance against the spectacle that was WSB. They even want to use superbike engines , so lets just call em SUPER GP with all the good riders. Great rides by Eugene I finally got to sit on the edge of me seat . May the season continue likes this .  Super bike may well return to the giddy heights of 94-----01. But the only action in GP,s is in the press room.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Biaggi

As much as I don't like what I've seen of Biaggi I originally thought the penalty was a little harsh , then I read Evs7's post and I think thats about right .

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Biaggi, time and safety

Biaggi lifting off the throttle would have had the same outcome, unless he changed direction as well... He was penalised for breaking safety rules, not for gaining time.

"Contrary to earlier speculation, Biaggi was not penalised for gaining time, but for crossing a white lane that ensures riders return to the circuit safely." - source Crash.net

So I think the ride-through was justified. Prima-donna needs to wake up and realise it's W-S-BIKE... and not W-S-Biaggi.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I think you'll find

Biaggi has taken this on the chin without complaint. He knows the rules and took his medicine this time. Unlike the time race direction robbed him of the chance to compete down to the wire with Doohan in his debut 500 year with the dodgy black flag.

As others have pointed out he wasn't the only man to run through a chicane. Laverty had done so in the second race also.

You will also find Biaggi took the piss out of himself with his Assen helmet aluding to his little altercation with Melandri.

Some like Biaggi as a villain. That's O.K. But the man can ride like few others can. I've been privileged enough to see him win on 250's, 500's and the M1. He's a delight to watch when he's on his game.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
mike27

Aug 02

mike27 says:

back to the racing...

what a great day for UK/Irish riders.  Laverty and Davies were sensational yesterday - on a day when Man Utd effectively won the premiership, I needed alot of cheering up.  Watching the re-runs last night reminded me what a great sport to watch is WSB/WSS.

The depth of field in WSB promises great racing for the rest of the year, too.

Best of luck to the boys for the rest of the season. 

Haslam was unfortunate in the second race as a slightly faster BMW for race 2 could have been in with a real shout.

Reply to this Topic
mrblistershifter

Jan 10

Great Racing !!

Laverty rode the wheels off that Yamaha !  Last time I saw the Yamaha WSB go like that, Ben Spies was on it............good job !

Reply to this Topic
BishopR6

Jun 10

BishopR6 says:

As long as the R1 is in front..

@RobTZ, I do agree with you.. Don't see why any one in the US would say otherwise...Especially since we don't have a horse in the race. I hope the championship comes down to the wire, with the Yamaha's in with a chance... Unlike most... my bias is with the actual bike more than the rider on top of it... So be it British, Irish, Australian, American, Chinese, Japanese... etc.. I could care less, just as long as a Yamaha is on top of the podium every race... 

Reply to this Topic
FATFRYER

Aug 02

FATFRYER says:

WSB Racing

WOOOOOW !! There was more RACING in that one second race then you get in a whole season of MOTOGP

Keep it comming Guys

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

Motogp?

Motogp is finished, how can it compete with WSBK, sundays racing was awesome with Laverty showing the skill and professionalism of a true world champion in the waiting, maybe not this year, but its coming!!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices