Skip to content

Discuss This Monza WSB: Laverty does the double World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Monza WSB: Laverty does the double

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Monza WSB: Laverty does the double

Factory Yamaha rider Eugene Laverty has won both superbikes races at Monza today after Max Biaggi was given a ride through penalty.  Max Biaggi got a good start and pulled away from the rest of the field, opening up a five second lead before he ran straight on at the end of the front straight with seven laps remaining. The race organisers gave...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (08 May 2011 15:32)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
moany100

Apr 11

moany100 says:

gp vs sbbk

the one thing that makes monza great racing is that its a superfast track ! hockenheim ,spa the new silverstone those tracks will always bring great racing because slipstreams equal overtaking bring back ALL THE FAST TRACKS

Reply to this Topic
GuyGraham

Aug 02

GuyGraham says:

FatFryer

Re-read my post

I never made claim that MotoGP races are more exciting than the WSB races - you are reading what you want to see and not what has been typed

I stated that WSB is 2nd division in relation to motoGP

How many riders turn down MotoGP to goto WSB - answer none. They all want ot be in MotoGP because it is number one....fastest, best paid, biggest audience, most techinologically advanced, most glamour etc etc etc

No rider chooses WSB over a MotoGP ride irrespective of what they say if they have been forced into WSB (its called saving face)

Reply to this Topic
kizzat

Dec 10

kizzat says:

moto gp or wsb?

the truth is how much longer can these to classes remain seprate cal pole position time at silverstone were tenths apart from motogp last year a set of carbon disc and some better pirelli rubber the would be even closer. combine the two have have wicked races with great midfield action.

flammini and dorna need to realise the money the could earn if they joined i hate to say it but motorbikes needs a bernie eccelstone at the end of the day sbk was so much more intresting in the 94-01 era. when motogp went fourstroke it nicked a lot of viewers i was one of them but since moto gp went 800cc its made me slowley back to wsb .

Reply to this Topic
suzukimad

Feb 09

suzukimad says:

WELL DONE EUGENE FAIR PLAY TO YA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wewguxlQewg

Reply to this Topic
Commando828

Feb 09

Commando828 says:

OTT Brit jingoism from Eurosport

Laverty had two canny races, and made the most of the ludicrous chicane mistake from the supposedly very experienced Biaggi.

However can someone tell Eurosport's Tony Carter and the often hysterical Jack Burnicle that Laverty is NOT British. He stands under the Irish tricolour on the podium, and (southern) Ireland is NOT in Britain.

Reply to this Topic
Commando828

Feb 09

Commando828 says:

Well done Chaz

He was hardly reported last year on this site with his valiant efforts on the Triumph; and where is the latter this year?

Sad to see the apparent decline of max-neukirchner and ant west.

Reply to this Topic
robmclean71

Oct 05

robmclean71 says:

Laverty IS a Brit!

Commando828 - Laverty can stand under any colour flag he likes but the fact he was born in Ballymena, N ireland, speaks with a northern irish accent and lives in N, Ireland I think we (& Eurosport) can safely say he's a Brit!

Reply to this Topic
Commando828

Feb 09

Commando828 says:

Laverty (IRL)

Rob , I had initally thought the same as you - but as MANY people have stated EL has made the decision, as per the Good Friday agreement to be Irish (Republic -thereof). It is HIS choice NOT to be British, although he was born in the UK. There is too much history in that part of the world not to respect people's choices?

Reply to this Topic
robmclean71

Oct 05

robmclean71 says:

Okay Commando, I stand corrected. Cheers for the info mate.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices