Skip to content

Ask an Expert Sports bike Luggage for 4 day trip Touring & travel

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Touring & travel > Sports bike Luggage for 4 day trip

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

mikeyadam

Aug 09

mikeyadam says:

Sports bike Luggage for 4 day trip

Hi folks. Anybody got any advice on soft luggage for a suzuki GSXR 600 K7. for a 4 day trip to see how it goes then possibly longer further tours.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (11 May 2011 16:49)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Luggage

The Oxford kit is really good.  I have both the sports panniers and the tailpack.  They are well made and you can get enough gear in them.  The tail pack should be big enough for a 4-day trip.  If you want to add the panniers later you can use them together. 

Mine are not used so much these days as I have Givi hard panniers on my VFR but I certainly can recommend them.

Oh, some words of wisdom on packing.  Lay out everything you think you'll need for your 4-day trip on the bed then only take half of it.  Really!  Everyon takes far too much on their first trip.  And remeber to save old t-shirts and underwear that you are ready to thow away.  Wear them on the bike during the day and then bin them.  :-)  Enjoy your touring - I love it.         

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Duffster

Dec 08

Duffster says:

panniers

I do alot of touring on my gsxr 600 K8 i use the oxford sport panniers going camping in france in a weeks time loads of space even for tent,sleeping bagsleeping mat,clothes,stove,and other items all lightweight,did fort william not so long ago again panniers worked great ebay have loads on over for second hand. by the way gixer is great for touring on really comfortable on long distance enjoy your trip.

Reply to this Topic
mikeyadam

Aug 09

mikeyadam says:

TA

Cheers so far for the speedy reply's. Been looking at the oxford kit and it does look good. Also had a look at Motech cargo bag. looks like a large capacity and quite compact. I was also looking for advise on tents size wise.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Sports bike luggage for a 4-day trip.

I've acquired and used panniers, tail-packs and rucksacs over the years but lately I've preferred to group my kit into draw-string bags and stuff them into one or more dry bags. These will mould to the bike's tail to some extent. I use one of those rubber mesh paint protectors underneath, and a cargo net to keep it all in place. This lot is versatile, waterproof, reasonably cheap and doesn't weigh much or take up much space on its own. A small, lightly-packed rucksac holds stuff I might need in a hurry like waterproofs, money, phone, etc.

Reply to this Topic
slidersdown

Mar 07

slidersdown says:

luggage

mikey i do this when i go away holds all i need including tent etc.its waterproof and lockable.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

1. 001  
  2. 335  
Reply to this Topic
slidersdown

Mar 07

slidersdown says:

luggage

i also used oxford gear before including tail packs and panniers and never had problems with them.i have 2 sets of panniers i was thinking of selling if your are interested only used each set for one trip.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

luggage

I`m with James on this,i had a draw string bag made to cover the pillion seat with heavy stuff and clothes in it to fit over the tail,secured with hooked elastics (forgot name).4 days:hmmm: toothbrush for teeth and chain oil,knickers,T,shirt,snotrag for a sunhat and a pair of socks:shock: You only need a tank bag,remember they have washing machines in the E.E.C. :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Duffster

Dec 08

Duffster says:

Luggage

you were asking about tents,depends on how much you want to spend your better of with a lightweight 2 person for space for your gear but a 1 person will do just a little snug. weight is an issue try not to get anything heavier than 2.5kg and the size it packs away, you can split the tent up in your panniers but remember you have got poles make sure they fit in panniers Loads of makes out there i use a MSR tent not cheap but i camp quiet a bit,gelert do a cheap 1 person,lichfield do a cheapish tent all weigh about 2kg,Vango Banshee 200 cracking tent about £75 lightweigt to,lookaround in plenty of camping shops staff will help if you tell them what you want.Items that take up most space when camping are Sleeping Bag,Sleeping Mat ,Tent,other items you can do without or reduce. Happy hunting.

Reply to this Topic
mikeyadam

Aug 09

mikeyadam says:

luggage

Sliders thats my kinda luggage, :lol:

Reply to this Topic
morpheus20170

Aug 07

Kriega

I have always used a Kriega R35 rucksack and two tailpacks, US20 and US10 but you can add more should you need it, i.e, US20 can be made into a US40 easily.

http://www.kriega.com/tags/road

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices