Skip to content

Ask an Expert Sunnies - any recommendations? Clothing

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Clothing > Sunnies - any recommendations?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

expatgirl

Sep 10

expatgirl says:

Sunnies - any recommendations?

I'm looking to buy some sunglasses to wear under my crash helmet. :sunglasses:  Does anyone have any recommendations on make/best place to buy?

Cheers 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (11 May 2011 22:48)

Post a message in Clothing

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

sunnies

Why do you want sunnies?

Reply to this Topic
expatgirl

Sep 10

expatgirl says:

I like to ride with my visor up sometimes

(I find having it down all the time a bit claustrophobic).  However getting a fly in your eye, even when going at low speed, is never a good thing! :blink:  So that's why really.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

glasses

You haven`t answered my question:shock:. Why sunnies and not eye protectors.Seriously though i do not reccomend sunglasses or tinted visors because they affect your field/distance of vision which i experienced years ago.I suggest you use clear glasses but flies will feel like bricks on your face.

Reply to this Topic
ajroberts

Dec 10

ajroberts says:

Oakleys

I have a set of oakleys flax jacket XL not cheap they are about £180 a set (with the iridium lenses). Lenses are interchangeable easily with different colours. Iridium is really good as you can wear them in to dusk with out it affecting too much. They are strong lightweight and very very comfy. lenses are about £90 a set for iridium and about half that for others if memory serves me correct.

The lenses are pretty scratch proof I have had mine about 2 years now, the only scratch on one set of lenses is cause I fell off a barge boat and trying to get balance i ended up chucking glass's on the floor. 

Reply to this Topic
teamwindsor

Mar 11

teamwindsor says:

tool station

check out tool station. They have the iridium scratch proof wrap arounds for about £15. Likely not the same quality of oakleys but you could get multiple pairs for the same price.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices