Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Suzuki GSR750 vs Triumph Street Triple, Yamaha FZ8 and Kawasaki Z750 First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Poll: Suzuki GSR750 vs Triumph Street Triple, Yamaha FZ8 and Kawasaki Z750

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Trevor Franklin  says:

Poll: Suzuki GSR750 vs Triumph Street Triple, Yamaha FZ8 and Kawasaki Z750

Triumph's successful Street Triple exploded onto the market in 2007 and hasn't been outclassed since. But there's a new bike in town... The Suzuki GSR750 has received rave reviews since its 2011 launch. Handling, tractable engine and ultra-sharp styling are everything we expect of a new bike, and the GSR has these. But can it's 105bhp ex-GSX-R750 engine and sharp steering get...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (12 May 2011 14:37)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ThreK

Oct 10

ThreK says:

Hmm, why have you not included the Hornet in this shootout? And what about the BMW F800R? I don't see why you would put the the Street Triple up against the Z750, FZ8 and GSR750 and not include the Hornet and F800R.

Also, the winner is pretty obvious as each and every Triumph will win in a MCN comparison. Don't get me wrong though, the Street Triple is a brilliant bike and for sound alone it wins hands down. Can't judge the handling on a standard one, but the R is sublime. Just a shame they have yet again failed at offering an ABS as, in my opinion, it doesn't make much sense buying a new bike today that doesn't have ABS on board. I'm sure it will come, maybe next year, but that's too late for me, sorry.

The GSR is without ABS too, I'll admit this, but it will be available later this summer though. Also the GSR apparently beats all of the other competitors in terms of acceleration and grunt.

Reply to this Topic
ERP30

Apr 06

ERP30 says:

Z750

Z750 of course... Only because i own one... that makes me bias.. just like MCN will go for Triumph because they will be bias...:biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
daveire

Sep 10

daveire says:

I think the gsr should have the edge, certainly if looks are taken into account. The triumpt is not exactly good looking. It reminds me of a old gsxr 750 street fighter a bad one at that. I suppose its like marmite.

Reply to this Topic
ThreK

Oct 10

ThreK says:

Forgot to mention...

... that I would go for a GSR 750 and I probably will. Already had a testrode one the other day and it's great! Handling is great, although not as good as the Street R but still much better than the others and the engine feels very powerful, even more powerful than the Street as I've ridden one shortly after the GSR. I would've ordered one already (despite the rather unspectecular swingarm) but sadly you have to wait for the ABS models to arrive :-/

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

I think they are all great bikes. I have the Fz8 and love it. Had a Speed Triple in 2009 and the Fz8 has even better handling, probably on par with the Street Triple.

Reply to this Topic
jonnyconcrete

Oct 05

it will be the triumph

why because they always ...always choose Triumph

they must have one helluva complimentory Triumph christmas hamper thats all i can say

Reply to this Topic
yorkshiremonkey

Feb 09

I saw a matt black Z750R in the Kawasaki Autorama in Dewsbury a couple of weeks back - looked absolutely stunning. I didn't get chance to ride it but on looks alone - awesome. I realise that this comment has no constructive feedback whatsoever.

Reply to this Topic
uncatchableTrent

Oct 06

I'm biased, too. I have a Z750S with a ZX-6R front end. Awesome bike!

Reply to this Topic
955nsim

Jul 10

955nsim says:

memory probs some people!!

Well jonnyconcrete..either you don't read mcn too much or your memory is failing a bit,as mcn gave the sports 600 to Suzuki,the retro bike to the Kawasaki and have now given the middleweight roadster to Suzuki also and recently were raving about how you had to have a harley to experience the 'real thing'..despite the Triumph and Victory being vastly superior in every way.The recent mcn adventure test split the vote with the Triumph being better on road and the BMW marginally better off-road..so by your reckoning the 'Hamper should be delivered by Suzuki with a Xmas pud supplied by Harley.So to let facts get in the way ..but gotta put a bit of truth into the 'Triumph always wins' myth that is said by many who clearly don't like British products doing well.The most succesful Bike manufacturer in sales above 500cc in Britain last year was Triumph.They must be doing something right.Anyway each to their own..we can't all always agree..but we gotta be truthful!

Reply to this Topic
stefmeister

Jun 11

stefmeister says:

GSR

I knew it would be the STR, however... I still wouldn't trade my GSR for anything. The more I ride it, the more I get in touch with my inner child! Yes, I know ... I've red it before; being called boring/dull lifeless etc etc. I've not been riding for a great deal of time, and it delivers everything I need to build up my confidence without being a d!ck on the road... I think I will keep this one!!

Everytime I walk up to it, I think to myself; Is it just me or did is this bike becoming better looking by the day!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices