Skip to content

Discuss This Colin Edwards’ crew chief to face ‘involuntary manslaughter’ charge MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Colin Edwards’ crew chief to face ‘involuntary manslaughter’ charge

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN Sports desk  says:

Colin Edwards’ crew chief to face ‘involuntary manslaughter’ charge

Colin Edwards' Tech 3 Yamaha crew chief Guy Coulon has been released pending further enquiries after being accused of accidentally killing a motorcyclist in France. The chief technician for Tech 3's MotoGP and Moto2 efforts reportedly reversed over a motorcyclist at a toll booth late last week. The tragedy happened when Coulon - driving the Moto2 race truck - pulled up...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (13 May 2011 17:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Tocket

Feb 09

Tocket says:

He was reversing and couldn't see behind him! Lock him up for a very long time.

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

so they are

only prosecuting because he 'reversed out of a toll booth' ??!!....

Reply to this Topic
fireflud

Sep 09

fireflud says:

going backwards

If it's as black and white as it is in this article - then he deserves to be locked up and the keys thrown away.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

fireflud

Agree 100%, if it is as the article states I hope he is locked up for a very long time. Lets hope that French laws are more robust than our weak laws but I'm not holding my breath.

Reply to this Topic
releaser

Aug 02

releaser says:

A sad ending for the rider and a cruel twist that a lorry put him on that bike and a lorry killed him but lets not start jumping up and down and start crying wolf. Ever heard of a thing called an accident. Where's the common sense here. Sure he had a moment of carelessness that a caused a death but im sure he feels worse for that biker and his family then any of the posters on these forums. After all the guys loves bikes and they're in his blood, otherwise he wouldnt be the crew chief of a bike racing team. If we want to go down the hysterical, lock him up and throw away the key then why didnt they lock up scott redding and throw away the key. He ran over and killed a guy right infront of him. An accident is called an accident for a reason. Did he put the lorry into reverse and launch out at warp speed? Was the rider deaf? Could he not hear the warnings when the lorry was put into reverse. Maybe he had ear plugs in but he should have seen the reversing lights and realised what was happening and abandoned the bike and jumped clear. Maybe he was too close to do anything about it. Why was he too close, did he not learn anything from three weeks ago. Apparently not.

Reply to this Topic
bakery

Feb 09

bakery says:

Biker to blame? Only in the parallel universe you inhabit....

So you pull up to a toll booth, behind a lorry. You sit behind the lorry confident in the knowledge that it's only going to move forward 'cos hey, it's illegal to reverse out of a toll booth isn't it? Waiting your turn you might even be absent-mindedly admiring the totty in the convertible in the next lane while you fiddle to get your change ready. The last thing you'll be expecting is the twat in front to start reversing. Then you panic to move your pride and joy out of the way and don't quite make it, fall off your bike and the twat in front is still reversing 'cos he hasn't bothered to check. And he runs you over.

How the feck is that the bikers fault, you arse?

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

very sad

however I agree people are to quick to say lock him up and throw away the key!
releaser makes some very valid points.
Yes the truck should not have reversed but in that situation how many would...probably quite a few!
Also if the rider had kept a decent distance behind the truck he probably would have had time to get out of the way.
Unfortunately these things happen and could happen to any of us so dont be so quick to judge unless of course you are perfect and never make a mistake.
Standards of driving and riding are very poor in general and until there is proper testing and follow up assessments the carnage will continue.

Reply to this Topic
yovavb

May 11

yovavb says:

drivers error

thats why you should have another person directing the driver from the ground

or maybe the race team sould invest a small amount of money and install  reverse cameras on their trucks!!

as a crew chief I also drive trucks and if I cannot see whats behind me I step out of the truck and take a look myself.

Reply to this Topic
bakery

Feb 09

bakery says:

Sort of, Killahrhat....

I agree, he should have been more aware and prepared for other idiots doing something stupid.

I just disagree with "the biker is mainly to blame" - he wasn't the idiot reversing the truck, and breaking the law in the process.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices