reseting service interval
This is the method for my passat, which might work for your car.
1.ignition swithed off.
2. press and hold the trip reset button
3. Turn the digital clock reset knob clockwise, the trip display should now read 'service - - - -'
4. Depress the clock reset knob as required to alternate between individual services ( do not zero the display)
It's a different method to reset the longlife service, which is as follows.
1.switch off ignition
2. press and hold trip reset button.
3. switch on ignition, and release the trip reset button ( the relevant service should now appear on the display)
4. Turn the digital clock reset button clockwise, the display should now return to normal
5. switch off ignition to complete the reset, again do not zero the display otherwise incorrect reading will be shown
Hope this helps, if not i've just wasted 5mins of my time. It can be tricky to get it right, mine took 2 -3 attempts before the thing reset.