Skip to content

Discuss This Le Mans MotoGP: Casey Stoner fined after de Puniet punch MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Le Mans MotoGP: Casey Stoner fined after de Puniet punch

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Le Mans MotoGP: Casey Stoner fined after de Puniet punch

Casey Stoner has been hit with a 5000 Euro fine (£4350) fine after he punched French rider Randy de Puniet following an incident in the MotoGP Warm-up session at Le Mans this morning. Stoner was on a fast lap when he had to slow dramatically having encountered de Puniet’s Ducati GP11 on the approach to the second chicane. TV replays clearly showed...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (15 May 2011 13:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

steady2wheels

My point exactly.

Reply to this Topic
chipsandgravy

Feb 11

isn't punching someone (and I use that term loosely given it looked like more of a love tap) actually taking action as opposed to moaning about it??? Anyway he's french, you don't need an excuse to belt a Frenchman ;)

Reply to this Topic
DirtyHarry46

Apr 11

DirtyHarry46 says:

steady2wheels

Yeah cuz hes rossi....he earned the status of having half of world's TV audience in his pocket cuz of his 9 championships//////

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Would this be the same Casey Stoner

that marched into race direction, along with two other big girls blouses, to complain about dangerous riding earlier in the weekend?

Reply to this Topic
li4mc

Jun 09

li4mc says:

Yamaha3358

not at all i think casey is a amazing rider but as a person he leaves a lot to be desired.

Reply to this Topic
Wellgofar

Jul 10

Wellgofar says:

Fine !!

If Stoner had known that he would have to pay a fine of 5000 euros, I bet he wished he kicked the shit out RDP instead of a handbag slap on the shoulder. Value for money and all of that. Ha.

Reply to this Topic
elefantman

Nov 03

elefantman says:

typical of MCN

Keep the negative Stoner story on your front page, rather than one of the numerous other great stories of the weekend such as, for example, Stoner winning the race by a country mile or Simo getting a ride-through for taking on Pedrosa. MCN's online coverage of MotoGP is so slow and behind the eight-ball at times that it's just tragic.

Anyway a great weekend for Stoner in my books - win a race and punch a Frenchman!

Reply to this Topic
robmclean71

Oct 05

robmclean71 says:

Boxing Kangaroo

One minute CS is moaning about reckless riders and safety the next he's punching other riders out on track! Incredible, they should have banned the boxing kangaroo from the race.

Reply to this Topic
existential

Aug 09

existential says:

Tiresome

I tell you a word I am getting tired of hearing, "accidental". He rammed his bike into the other bike and sent him flying, but it was accidental. He tried to get off the racing line, were he was playing with his..., but it was accidental. Sounds like these guys are not professional bike riders but a bunch of airheads who apparently make no decisions about their actions, because it was accidental. You run somebody over in your car, you didn't mean to do it, that doesn't stop the police from charging you with a crime. MotoGP a race with no rules and no responsibility. Only the most sadistic amongst us mean to do harm to others, but we all make choices and those choices can result in penalties in the real frigging world.

Reply to this Topic
existential

Aug 09

existential says:

Yes he complains

about reckless riders and all of that talking never gets anything done about reckless riders, so in a moment after narrowly averting a disastrous situation, Stoner takes matters into his own hands and lets RDp know he really f#4ked up. Stoner gets fined, race direction as usual don't do what they should, that being fined them both. But if race direction ever did its job, the riders would be completely aware that dangerous riding, dawdling on the racing line and all of that cr@p would be dealt with swiftly, nobody would feel the need to take anything into their own hands and we wouldn't have to hear complaints about serious neglect of issues regarding safety.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices