Skip to content

Discuss This Le Mans MotoGP: Stoner secures second victory of the season MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Le Mans MotoGP: Stoner secures second victory of the season

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Tom Cambio  says:

Le Mans MotoGP: Stoner secures second victory of the season

Casey Stoner (Repsol Honda) secured his second victory of the season at Le Mans. After starting from pole Stoner reclaimed first from team mate Dani Pedrosa in the second lap, where he then stayed for the remainder of the race building a margin of over 14 seconds. Pedrosa kept pace with Stoner until losing second place to Marco Simoncelli (San Carlo...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (15 May 2011 15:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stew1250

Feb 09

stew1250 says:

sorry corserrep.

Reply to this Topic
stompmyduke

Mar 08

stompmyduke says:

Sic

Passing round the outside - an illegal move? Is MGP becoming like F1? Seem to remember James Hunt saying the immortal words 'In F1 we do not overtake around the outside!' after Nikki Lauda took him on Paddock bend at Brands Hatch. Pedrosa should know that a following rider will overtake on a left-hander if the next bend is a right-hander - simple as.

Reply to this Topic
corserrep

Nov 09

corserrep says:

stew1250

Apology accepted... I just don't like seeing a good site going downhill.

Reply to this Topic
Unbreakable

Feb 11

Unbreakable says:

Simoncelli's pass

Simoncelli had clearly got passed Pedrosa, who went & clipped his rear wheel, instead of avoiding contact. Almost as if Pedrosa didn't expect to find him there. Seems pretty simple to me. Simoncelli found a gap & went through. Pedrosa's the one who's at fault. Pity he got injured though - I was hoping he'd do well today, but the crash was his fault.

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

All the plonkas that said said "Rossi won't get a podium this year" put your hand up...

C'mon, guys... you know who you are (and so do i) ...... lol.... I am going to name and shame shortly and i am going to include the quotes just to gloat a little more.... ha ha ha.

Great, faultless (but boring) race from Stoner, Fair play to Dovi getting the better of Rossi (again) in a great battle and it was so sweet seeing Rossi stuff Lorenzo in the dry and then beat him to the stripe! Rossi and Ducati are obviously moving in the right direction and you have to be blind (or just a Rossi hater) to not see it. It won't be long until he is on the top step.... I'm thinking Mugello?! He had a great race today but he was lucky to get the podium but with a little help from his mate Marco it became possible.... He owes him a nice cold Peroni!!

I am so gutted for Pedro, the guy seems to be made of glass which is not a good thing when charging around on top of a 200mph machine!! Simo's penalty was harsh as i think it was purely a racing incident where both riders didn't want to give up the corner and crashed as a result of it.... that's racing folks..

Oh Seany, Seany, Seany.... I knew it wouldn't take long until you reverted back to the Rossi hating type!! Clinging onto the "Rossi overtook on Yellow flags" crap to try and take away from his podium that i think you said he would not get this year....lol. Watch it back on eurosport - Rossi takes Dovi mid corner when he goes wide and leaves the door open for him (No flags on that corner as accident hadn't happened yet) then Dovi gets Rossi back on the straight (If flags were out Dovi would have been seen to have got his place back and Rossi's advantage lost) But, infact Dovi was actually the one who passed Rossi under the yellow flag but when Rossi got him back right away this then meant no advantage was gained!! Have a look for yourself, the chopper cam clearly shows the marshalls running to the accident and a big plume of dust where it had just happened as Rossi and Dovi got to the corner - It had only just happened so flags couldnt have gone out that quickly where Rossi could have passed on them twice!!!

Some plonkas will try to use anything to try and take something away from one of the greatest riders to have ever straddled a bike! Why?? it is you that then looks the fool! Envy is not a good look guys!!!

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Minty

Its funny, you celebrate like it's a championship win! When Stoner got 3rd in Estoril it was a sign he was 'mentally broken', no ? It's a 3rd place for gods sake, its hardly anything special, and although you wont admit it he was extremely lucky to get it. and to your 'hold your hands up if you thought he wouldn't get a podium' quote, in my eyes is short lived. Just one person i can think of that said this, rlf3. As for the yellow flag, Rossi overtook Dovi, maybe he didnt see the flag before entry but he should have allowed Dovi back through even though im sure it wouldnt have made much difference.

How did i know you'd be so cheap and try to say that i said Rossi wouldn't get a podium. I said im sure he will but i doubt a win will come unless there are unfortunate circumstances with other riders crashing out, or the weather etc..

And trust me Minty, i have no envy of Rossi when Stoner has pissed all over him. 15 seconds in the DRY, i repeat, 15seconds!!

If you are so sure i said he wouldn't get a podium, do find a quote. You'll be looking for a long time, there aren't any :)

Reply to this Topic
stew1250

Feb 09

stew1250 says:

I think that the point I am making is that I dont want to see any of the current riders get seriously injured due to questionable overtakes.Bike racing is evolving with much safer tracks and better rider protective clothing,This means that the riders may push the envelope a little more.I am not suggesting Hailwood,Ago etc were not trying but I am sure they must have been mindful of the  very solid barriers and trees on circuits of their era.The sport has to spell out what is acceptable ,and what is not.We all have opinions on the subject of what is a bad overtake and what is a racing incident but maybe the sport has to come out and put some good points forward to avoid tears in the future.

Reply to this Topic
Jonny111

Jul 09

Jonny111 says:

Great riding by Stoner, faultless on the bike all weekend, unfortunately proved himself to be  a bit of  a twat  in morning  warm up (once again) why can't he just leave his riding to do the talking.. maybe he would be a bit more popular if he did. Marco Simoncelli impressed again, should never of had a ride through, or if he did so should Lorenzo for his move on Dovi. Loved Vale passing Lorenzo, Well done Cal, shame about the crash, but pushing Spies and Edwards, when he had never raced here before, good going.. keep pushing Cal, I'm sure good results will come in time.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Also Minty

It's not as if i have pulled the yellow flag debate out of a hat. The commentators rightly mentioned it and there is a story about it on crash.net.

As for the Simoncelli/Pedrosa accident. I'd bet the bike if it were Rossi who collided with Pedrosa there wouldn't have been a ride through.

And lets face it, if Stoner hadn't been wiped out at Jerez, he'd be the World championship leader right now. His record is getting more impressive by the session eh. 2 wins from 3, a 3rd, and a muppet taking him out, and a lap record here at Le mans. What's happened to him crashing ?

Reply to this Topic
stew1250

Feb 09

stew1250 says:

Yes it was a great show put on by all the riders.Moto 2 was a really good show too.I have to stay up until 1.30 in the morning to see the racing live as I live in New Zealand and last night was well worth staying up for.Beats F1 any day.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices