Skip to content

Discuss This Le Mans MotoGP: Marco Simoncelli defends controversial overtake MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Le Mans MotoGP: Marco Simoncelli defends controversial overtake

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Le Mans MotoGP: Marco Simoncelli defends controversial overtake

Marco Simoncelli has defended himself against a renewed barrage of criticism after he was involved in a controversial incident in yesterday’s Le Mans MotoGP race that left Dani Pedrosa with a broken right collarbone. Simoncelli and Pedrosa were contesting second place on lap 18 when they collided on the entry to the second chicane. Trying to overtake on the outside, Simoncelli cut...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (16 May 2011 10:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
JuanKing

Nov 10

JuanKing says:

Dani Pedrosa is a little sh*t..

it was unfortunate that Dani got hurt, no-one wants to see a rider hurt (except for  Casey maybe), but it was all Dani's fault. Simoncelli was way faster than Dani the previous laps and took him easily and cleanly. Dani did get a good drive out of the previous turn but Marco was way stronger on the brakes. Dani probably saw what was coming and new that if Marco got past that would be it, he would not be able to retake the position due to Marco's speed, so he tried to muscle Simoncelli. Dani should remember he is not Valentino (the master of muscle) and that trying to learn to bash fairings now is a little late in the day. Simoncelli's been made an example of because of his reputaion as a proper motorcycle racer. He is part of an exclusive club that includes Vale, DePuniet and Spies, all the rest are just pussies who have forgotten why they race motorcycles, to entertain us, the people who ultimately pay their wages. 

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Marco

Unfortunately Marco was penalised solely because Stoner and Barbera made an official complaint to race direction about his riding on Saturday.

Not too sure why Stoner complained as i've not seen any manouevre on him and as for Barbera, the only way Simoncelli would get involved with him is when he's lapping him.

It stinks imo, i'm with Rossi who say's the current youngsters are pussies, by the by, Lorenzo, who started this mud slinging @ Estoril should shut up after his move on Dovisioso yesterday !!!! 

Reply to this Topic
digby000

Jan 04

digby000 says:

[quote]I didn’t want to back off, so I left him with a metre between myself and the kerb in order to go in. I saw that it was tight, so I tried to adjust my position.[/quote]
I think this is the point most people including the race director missed.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Defending the indefensible

Oh my telemtry says I did nothing different?! No but there wasn't another motorcycle in the way previously Marco!

The only people defending him are the moronic website posters. Every rider quote I've read has said the move was dangerous and out of order.

Reply to this Topic
cwmdufarm

Jan 09

cwmdufarm says:

Nostrodamus your talking rubbish!!!

this overtake was not at all out of order Nostodamus!!!! i think this was a perfect overtake but pedrosa filled his pants. he knew simoncelli was there and that he has a better line. if your going to get picky about overtakes i suggest you watch F1 instead. there are many overtakes in 125cc and moto2 that are crazy but the riders understand that there will be a talented rider "mentalist" trying to overtake on every bend and you can either run into them like pedrosa did or sensibly let them through. 

well done marco i support you all they way!!! hope to see more of it!!!

Reply to this Topic
doctorfrank

Dec 08

doctorfrank says:

Super Sic

Wish the grid was full of more like him instead of some of these highly paid under achieving prima donnas who's had a bike built around them and still can't win a title....................growing my hair now

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Actuall this photo paints a pretty good picture

Yeah Pedrosa was in too hot and wasn't going to make the turn. He looks to be pretty settled in there to me. As Aquarius said to me there are those of you out there that seem to not understand about intersecting arcs and apex points. Pedrosa braked and picked it up hoping that Simoncelli might just swoop over the top and miss him. If Pedrosa hadn't done so Simoncelli would've taken him out with an even heavier clout.

Go back to watching daytime soaps (or F1 which I haven't seen since about 1983 - cars don't float my boat)  little bleaters. The subtler intricacies of this sport are too much for you.

Reply to this Topic
cwmdufarm

Jan 09

cwmdufarm says:

LOL

lol. dont make me laugh. simoncelli had every right to chuck his bike at the corner or face 130mph into a gravel trap. i kno which i would have done. pedrosa should have conceded the corner. he knew he was there, if he cant hear a 220bhp motogp bike having is neck strangled by an italian he needs his head checked. and if i saw simoncelli on the outside of me i would have waved him through to save my collarbone. ha.

well done again simoncelli. young ones are pussies ay rossi?

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

I don't think Rossi was referring to Simo..

I think he was calling Stoner and Lorenzo a couple of pussies...... About right in my book but they are by far the fastest pussies i have ever seen!!

Reply to this Topic
cwmdufarm

Jan 09

cwmdufarm says:

think your right

you may be right. i hate all this complianing about eachother. get a grip. ur getn payed millions to race motorcycles!!! my dream job. wish they wud stop complaining and show some good racing. at the moment 125 and moto2 are much more exciting than gp.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices