Skip to content

Discuss This Le Mans MotoGP: Marco Simoncelli defends controversial overtake MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Le Mans MotoGP: Marco Simoncelli defends controversial overtake

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Le Mans MotoGP: Marco Simoncelli defends controversial overtake

Marco Simoncelli has defended himself against a renewed barrage of criticism after he was involved in a controversial incident in yesterday’s Le Mans MotoGP race that left Dani Pedrosa with a broken right collarbone. Simoncelli and Pedrosa were contesting second place on lap 18 when they collided on the entry to the second chicane. Trying to overtake on the outside, Simoncelli cut...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (16 May 2011 10:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
slickhillsy

Oct 04

slickhillsy says:

Nostro-Knob

Ahhh different thread same brain out bullshit!

Oi - Nostril, thought you would have learned from the last ride through I gave you for blasting people with nonsense and abuse!

I wonder if the only reason you decide to post drivel here is because not even the wife will go near you. Guess you have to release all that ex 'pro-racer' juice somewhere... Don't you have a job? Or maybe you're on disability benefit after breaking a nail after one of your many many monster high sides...

Bit sad really...

Reply to this Topic
slickhillsy

Oct 04

slickhillsy says:

Notril time...

Or...

if you fanced putting down that Playstation (we all know thats reeeeally where you're a MotoGP god) and going for a beer one day then happy to oblige (sunshine)!

Bring your picture album - loooove to see some action (reads money) shots Happy days!

Reply to this Topic
hughcam

Dec 08

hughcam says:

Marco the legend

I personally think that pedrosa was going wide on that corner. The fact that he stood the bike up as Marco was in front of him gave me the view that he was slighty offline and riding in a defensive position into the corner. However, I still think Marco was slightly aggresive with his entry but I do not condone the stupid ride through penalty for what is just a racing incident.  

Reply to this Topic
tockie

Aug 10

tockie says:

Don't listen to all the moans about your riding Marco, all it means is you've rattled a few cages and upset a few egos. If you're not being criticised it means you're off the pace and consequently no threat. The road to a championship is a rocky one so keep the good work.

Reply to this Topic
tockie

Aug 10

tockie says:

I can't believe i've just written that tripe. I should'nt be pissed at this time of day. :-) 

Reply to this Topic
andyhrc

Apr 04

andyhrc says:

Marco's Genius

His passing manoevre on Pedrosa was genius. Performed by anyone else, there would have been gasps of admiration. He was SO much faster into the corner than Dani, and he just layed the bike on its side, effectively going the long way round. RESPECT. As a club racer, you dream of destroying the opposition like that.

Dani saw him coming, hesitated for a split second instead of committing to the corner. He ran himself out of room, panicked, stood up on the brakes, and looked for an escape route, hitting Marco in the process. Who's "fault" was that?

Added to this, we watched Lorenzo smash his way through Dovizioso without even a steward's enquiry. That was a s**t bit of riding, because it didn't even look like a mistake, just arrogance.

Kind of spoiled the GP for me, but Marcos got a big future ahead of him, and the Honda is good enough to let him ruffle some feathers this year.

Reply to this Topic
willhes

Jun 06

willhes says:

in a bump between two identical bikes ridden by two guys, one approx 15 Kg heavier than the other the lighter one is always going to bounce off the heavier one.

Marco's problem was the red mist had blinded Danny and he overdid the corner on the wrong line went to run wide and found the heavier more solid Maroc on the escape route and he went down. regardless of who hit who the result was going to be the same.

Reply to this Topic
rustydave

Sep 04

rustydave says:

Le Mans MotoGP: Marco Simoncelli

Im with Willhes on this one Dani had got it wrong outbraked of got ruffled feathers. HE hit the back of Simoncelli. A racing incident.

Moto gp are behaving like girls. Take a long hard look at the accidents and contact level in BSB and WSB more action and fairing brushing its called RACING!!

Sorry to hear Dani is injured but for the race organisers to make a instant judgement call was badly wrong..... Ride on Marco and show them your passion and commitment.

Reply to this Topic
bandytales

Nov 10

bandytales says:

Simmoncelli

Looking at the shots, Danny started to stand his bike up and in doing so ran wide into Marco's bike.

Danny pace was slowing - as he so often does as races go on, and Marco had to make a pass somewhere.

I have read in the press that Marco had no chance of catching the lead bike so - thy say - shouldn't have taken such a risk. My question is, when do we want riders to take a at least try risk to catch up? This is racing and Marco had no intension of running Danny off the road, but when someone rides into the side of you what can you do.

I am a fan of both these riders and was most upset by the actions of the officials, These guys could have let the racing continue and penalise after the race.

The ride through did no one any favours as Marco was riding even more aggresively after his imposed penalty.

What makes it worse is Jorge Lorenzo did a similar manouver earlier on, and nothing much was said.

Get well soon Danny

Reply to this Topic
JSchmitt

May 10

JSchmitt says:

Marco was robbed of his podium finish! It sucks that Danni was injured, but it happened.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices