Skip to content

Discuss This Debate rages over Simoncelli move that took out Pedrosa MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Debate rages over Simoncelli move that took out Pedrosa

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

Debate rages over Simoncelli move that took out Pedrosa

Marco Simoncelli’s reputation as the bad boy of MotoGP rose to new heights after he was involved in a collision with Pedrosa that left the luckless and injury prone Spaniard with a broken right collarbone. Simoncelli and Pedrosa had just exchanged overtakes at Turn 6 when the factory Honda duo tangled on lap 18 of the Le Mans MotoGP while jostling...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 May 2011 10:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Maxxgas

Dec 10

Maxxgas says:

pathetic

Its all gone too soft, just a racing incident, and if pedrosa had been back to full fitness he'd probably have stayed on. Lorenzos earlier pass was as aggressive. As there is no combined rider/bike min weight big guys like simmo have to pass on the brakes . Yes simmo could have be more patient but pedrosa must have known from pit boards that simmo was lapping a lot quicker and he'd loose a place so why fight?. Top ride by Stoner, I'm not a massive fan of his but he had a near perfect weekend.

Reply to this Topic
draper12807

Feb 11

draper12807 says:

Pedrosa at fault

As eurosport commentators said a few weeks ago, pedrosa has an advantage on acceleration but is at a disadvantage because of his size on the brakes and steering, he was fighting the biggest guy out there who had the advantage on the brakes which is why simncelli out broke him into the the corner and could get it turned in were as pedrosa was always going straight on. Simoncelli should of hung back though and let pedrosa run wide, but he would of known he was brtter on the brakes Shit happens, its racing

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

A reckless

and dangerous move by Simo, no way he was going to make the corner round the outside at that speed and just cut in front of Pedro and went straight on into the gravel himself. Wrong of race direction to impose a ride through though, a one race ban should have been the penalty. The ride through just gave Rossi an undeserved podium, still maybe that's the real reason why. Seems to me that Dorna are of the opinion that if Rossi isn't doing anything then Motogp isn't happening. I know shit happens in racing and I would have forgiven Simo if that had been a last corner move to win the race, but he has to learn but pushing him off the podium in favour of Rossi isn't the way to do it. Just hope Pedro recovers soon and doesn't suffer over this break as much as he did with the last one.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
martyn23

Mar 09

martyn23 says:

Rossi is right

l thought racing to win was the ambition of every rider not to ride like Pusseys as Rossi said last week.Simoncelli had every right to try and pass Danny.How many times have we seen it done before?The ride through was wrong and unfair they should have looked at the evidenvce after the race and penalised afterwards.Racing incident as far as l can see.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Except Rossi now agrees that the move was to hard... I wish he'd make his mind up!

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2011/May/may1611-rossi-blames-simoncelli/

Reply to this Topic
elefantman

Nov 03

elefantman says:

very tough call

Having watched the video again and again: they BOTH went in too hot - Pedrosa stood his bike up and was going to run on. Simoncelli ended up running off too, though arguably Dani hitting him may have contributed to that.

It seems to me that neither was going to make the corner cleanly, but Simo completely shut the door on Pedrosa in a way that it didn't matter whatever action Pedrosa took he was going to crash, either by hitting Simo or trying to tighten the corner to avoid him and thereby losing the front.

The guy in front who can't see what's coming up behind him - Pedrosa in this case - should get the benefit of the doubt in these situations. Therefore in my opinion Simoncelli is at fault. However I think any penalty should have been applied later, not in a ride-through. A ride-through should only be used where things are absolutely black and white (jumped start etc).

I do think Rossi gets away with things at times - he jumped a start last year and there was no penalty - but Simoncellogate is nothing like what happened with Rossi and Stoner recently, which was a stupid accident on Rossi's part but an accident nonetheless.

Reply to this Topic
SStyloF

Oct 10

SStyloF says:

they went into the corner side by side. Now do we add the Formula Yawn rules of track position?

I dont think so. In the same breath that Sic cut Ped off, we can say Ped could have backed off and not stuck it up the inside. His rear was hopping all over the place, he was going in hot, if he had lost the front and "cleared out" Sic. would it have been such a scene as a recent one. 

Whats done is done, Unfortunately Ped is also made of glass. now someones hurt and a villian must be named. Well paint a psycho clown face on Sic, though I dont think he cares and neither could I.

and Elefantman what the hell has this got to do with Rossi getting away with things. Bet you if the move JLo pulled on Dovi was dont to him or Stoner, those little b!tches would be whining about it no end come press conference time. Theyve all worked themselves up, let them sort it out on the track.

We're ONLY spectators and really we dont know much on whats going on track whether we ride or not.

Reply to this Topic
Shepshep

Aug 09

Shepshep says:

Overtaking

If they are going to ban overtaking, in all but the safest of maneuvers, then I will stop watching. I do not want to be "entertained" by some Bernie Ecclestone Formula One style procession.

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

Personally...

I love all the friction. Lets have more of the fisticuffs and the barging!

Sic has set himself up as the `hard man` of GP racing.He isn't: Gangling, crash-prone and with Hair Bear Bunch bouffant he's more `hair man`...

I can't wait to see wahat happens when Crutchlow gets up to speed... Muhhaahaaa!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Attack is the best form of defence Geoffrey

but you wouldn't know that now would you.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle