Skip to content

Discuss This Debate rages over Simoncelli move that took out Pedrosa MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Debate rages over Simoncelli move that took out Pedrosa

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

Debate rages over Simoncelli move that took out Pedrosa

Marco Simoncelli’s reputation as the bad boy of MotoGP rose to new heights after he was involved in a collision with Pedrosa that left the luckless and injury prone Spaniard with a broken right collarbone. Simoncelli and Pedrosa had just exchanged overtakes at Turn 6 when the factory Honda duo tangled on lap 18 of the Le Mans MotoGP while jostling...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (16 May 2011 10:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
alvaro1976

Oct 10

alvaro1976 says:

Greetings from Spain my fellow bikers! About all this issue, I think that, ok, Simoncelli was a bit nasty, but he was much faster than Pedrosa!! He was seconds away at the beggining and then he got better pace, so he reached Pedrosa, and Dani, if you know somebody as crazy as Simoncelli is getting close so fast, just get the f...k out of his way, you are not a fighter, very good pilot, but not a fighter! We all know how dirty he was on 250, but bless him, he is just a nutter, and we need nutters!! This sport needs guys who are exciting and suprising, and Simoncelli is one of them (j.-lo the diva is boring) I think both had some guilt on this, Simoncelli got a penalty and Pedrosa a broken bone (well, he is made of glass anyway) so let's move on! Adiossssss

Reply to this Topic
littledaddy

Nov 02

littledaddy says:

spot on!!!!

I 100% agree with you - that's the opinion I've been waiting for - and you should be biast towards Pedrossa but you're obviously an objective and intelligent Spaniard!

I do, however, have to take some of the blame for the crash...i got up to make a juice and that's when most of controversial crashes happen...i promise to get a really big juice ready before the next race so this sort of thing doesn't happen again..i do apologise for all the pain and distress i've caused...:wink::tongue: 

Reply to this Topic
steven.hood7

Jan 08

steven.hood7 says:

Kamikazi Simoncelli !!

His riding leaves alot to be desired !!  Taking out Pedrosa is not the way to go!.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
YZF750RR

Sep 09

YZF750RR says:

Not what it's about

Hello all. Simoncelli had the corner covered and left room for a Pedrosa to pass. As pointed out earlier, had Pedrosa made the corner (knee down), the incident would not have happened. Pedrosa can in too hot and couldn't make the apex. If it's a question of braking, he clearly did that too late. Let's us remember 2006 and what Pedrosa did to Hayden, same thing. Out of control. As for nutters (Alvaro1976) (great year 1976) Who exemplifies that this weekend better than Stoner punching De P nearly causing him to go on the grass?

Reply to this Topic
slickhillsy

Oct 04

slickhillsy says:

Nostro-blow...

Give me your hand mate while I help you down from up there - for some reason the early British summer has gone directly to your head!

MCN is a public site that brings joy and happiness to many many many riders - calling people idiots and morons will not win you favours or friends. To the contrary sir, should you act like this during one of your professional racing events (the image you portray is that of a Barry Sheen "been there, done it, smoked a fag through the whole in the front of my lid" type) you'll end up getting a royal slap sir (tickets anyone)...
Your self-opinion seems so high you probably blow yourself and say thanks afterwards!

If however you do feel you are mightier than thou and deserve a prime time slot, step up and get a seat along side Mr Moody & Jules on Eurosport - go show em how it's done....

Or you could just shut up and let someone speak! :)

Reply to this Topic
JHB1984

Dec 09

JHB1984 says:

Stoner

the 1 who get a profit out of this is mr. stoner ... if it wasn't for marco he would be the "press boo man" of this weekend.

he got into "fights" with i think "3" riders during the practice sessions ... just because they weren't where he wanted them to be ... worst case was the thing with randy ... vid:
youtube

he had luck that he didn't got of track and fell :o\
5000€ is nothing for this kind of behavior :o\

boo mr. stoner ... just boo

Reply to this Topic
Gstan

Nov 10

Gstan says:

If simo didn't have the bad boy reputation then it would more than likely have been ignored and said to be a racing incident, but race control have to be seen to do something about the bad boys, I totally with 'yzf750rr's comment. Where was valentino's ride through after taking out casey stoner the other week in the wet? yes he went down as well but how was that an unagressive manoeuvre when simo isnt allowed to ride round the outside of someone safely? there needs to be more consistency, and I disagree with ride through penalties all together, a time penalty is better because it can be undone and both riders involved can voice their opinion after the race

Reply to this Topic
littledaddy

Nov 02

littledaddy says:

..lot's of ??????

...if my Granny had b*llocks she'd have been my Grandad...but she didn't...

there...i've been waiting to say that for years....quite liberating!

...i quite often put myself on the grass at trackdays and i'm not racing anyone and going about half the speed these boys are...all very well saying "he should/shouldn't" of done it - he did and it's racing - just a shame Pedrossa got injured really - there's not enough on the grid as it - and if the racing get's too dull they'll lose the viewers/sponsors and we'll lose the MotoGP..then we'll have to debate the price of cheese...think about....bikes or cheese!?? 

Reply to this Topic
Mikeyy

Oct 10

Mikeyy says:

From my point of view Pedrosa may have outbraked himself but it was Simonceli that was wrong you could tell he let of his brakes and was too aggresive when closing the door on Pedrosa which resulted in Pedrosa's season being ruined now real shame. Simoncelli didnt deserve a ride through though just to be clear that was a harsh punishment he should of been put back 1 place or more i think owell riders make mistakes at those speeds and the officals make mistakes lets hope for a cleaner injury free season to make the season intresting.

Shame for Cal and Great result for Rossi

Reply to this Topic
guyincognito

Oct 08

guyincognito says:

Nostro

You GIMP!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale