Skip to content

Discuss This Debate rages over Simoncelli move that took out Pedrosa MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Debate rages over Simoncelli move that took out Pedrosa

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

Debate rages over Simoncelli move that took out Pedrosa

Marco Simoncelli’s reputation as the bad boy of MotoGP rose to new heights after he was involved in a collision with Pedrosa that left the luckless and injury prone Spaniard with a broken right collarbone. Simoncelli and Pedrosa had just exchanged overtakes at Turn 6 when the factory Honda duo tangled on lap 18 of the Le Mans MotoGP while jostling...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (16 May 2011 10:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wallymann

Aug 10

wallymann says:

as aoyama showed in his 250 title...

...to race with Simoncelli you need to be a warrior and give as good as you get, bang frames or whatever it takes...one needs to stand their ground.

i would like to see Aoyama's form to progress and eventually get on a factory bike, to show everyone how to race against a bully like Simoncelli.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

video of supermario racing

www.youtube.com/watch

Reply to this Topic
CaptainBirdseye

Jul 10

Nostrodame

'Won two BEARS national titles. Alright?'

You fought bears?!! :blink: - 'respect' indeed dude !  .:winkie:...

Reply to this Topic
CaptainBirdseye

Jul 10

v2kiwi

I, for one, have no recollection of 'Aaron Sligth' - 'Sligth'? - it is a fabulous name nonetheless, - is he from the shires? - one of the hobbits perchance? :mellow: 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

not sure who Simon Crafer is either

but I have heard of Simon Crafar and Aaron Slight.

I think instead of losing your cool and taking my comments out of context, you need to understand why they were made in the first place.

There is a growing number of people who think nostrodamus is full of shit and can't understand why he thinks he has the right to call anybody who does not share his exact opinion in everything, a moron. After hearing about his (ha ha) racing career, I still have no idea why this is. Infact, judging by the blinding arrogance demonstrated by nostrodamus, I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that he is infact a policeman. Would seem to fit rather nicely dontcha think.

So pull ya head in v2

weskit, how much racing have you done?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

250cc Dani pedrosa Sachsenring 2005

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRSKe2sQquQ Very Similar, almost identical

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

Thanks for spelling

I,ll ceep dat in mine next time i,m havin a moment. I hear what you say SM ,but NZ ain,t quite the middle of fuck all. It,s the middle of the pacific.  Next.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

fair enough

I think what I was trying to say is that its not the same as racing in Europe. Afterall a lot of the riders you mention moved to the UK/Europe in order to further their careers.

Reply to this Topic
jonniemccrea

Jun 04

jonniemccrea says:

Debate on the track!

So we know motorcycles are more dangerous than cars, racing them more so. Last year Lorenzo watched the Isle of Man TT, and described them as 'crazy'. It is good to hear Lorenzo and Stoner crying about Simoncelli and Rossi, as it reveals they are maybe too scared to continue in MotoGP. Had it been Rossi on the inside instead of Pedrosa, in a 'battle' with Simoncelli, they would have been banging fairings. But poor Dani, fast but gentle, backed off, stood the bike up and had his front wheel flicked. Had he throttled into his line, Simoncelli would have been in the dirt and at worst Dani would have low sided. It takes serious nerve to even do what Dani does, but some have a higher level at which their buttocks clench. I'm heading for the NW200 on Saturday, the prep for the TT, 'ultimate level of motorsport in the world' - Murray Walker. MotoGP is less ultimate, and I think Lorenzo and Stoner are too scared by it. Surprising, by how frequently we have seen them hitting the dirt in single vehicle accidents, but maybe the recollection of the pain of this is why they have lost their nerve! I give them three options: 1) Do some Irish / IoM road racing and have the xxxx really scared out of you, then Simoncelli won't even phase you, 2) Move to F1 with the preened and polished social set with airbags, etc, 3) Stop whining and go take the battle to Rossi and Simoncelli on the track!!!

Reply to this Topic
jonniemccrea

Jun 04

jonniemccrea says:

250cc Sachsenring 2005

That clip is uncanny in similarity! Let's hear if Lorenzo could talk us through 2010/11 in light of 2005?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices