Skip to content

Discuss This Debate rages over Simoncelli move that took out Pedrosa MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Debate rages over Simoncelli move that took out Pedrosa

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

Debate rages over Simoncelli move that took out Pedrosa

Marco Simoncelli’s reputation as the bad boy of MotoGP rose to new heights after he was involved in a collision with Pedrosa that left the luckless and injury prone Spaniard with a broken right collarbone. Simoncelli and Pedrosa had just exchanged overtakes at Turn 6 when the factory Honda duo tangled on lap 18 of the Le Mans MotoGP while jostling...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 May 2011 10:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
therightstuff

Feb 09

hash

I just don't get it, I don't think if it had been a factor the punishment would have been the same (I know he has a factory spec).   We want to see had racing like Rossi/Stoner, Rossi/Gibernau, Rossi/Biaggi.... there's a pattern here and maybe a reason for a 9 time champion! The point is, a ride through is complete race killer - I would have preferred they left it and it get dealt with after the race, who knows we could have seen him battling with Stoner at the end as well!

Reply to this Topic
CaptainBirdseye

Jul 10

v2kiwi

'but NZ ain,t quite the middle of fuck all. It,s the middle of the pacific.  Next.'

But, unless you are a herring, or a turtle, the middle of the Pacific is the middle of 'fuck all' ! .:winkie:...

Reply to this Topic
CaptainBirdseye

Jul 10

jonniemccrea

' Lorenzo and Stoner crying about Simoncelli and Rossi, as it reveals they are maybe too scared to continue in MotoGP'

How can you say that about Stoner!? Why, only last wk'end he was punching folk as he passed them! You don't see those wussies in the NW200 trying that, do you!? :winkie: 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Mikeyy

Oct 10

Mikeyy says:

Nostro just like to say even though i find your opinions intresting as many others do. you do tend to offend people in the odd post now and again so just keep your personal thoughts about other forum users to your self and keep your post on the subject above many thanks :)

Reply to this Topic
Gary101

Feb 08

Gary101 says:

storm in a t-cup

I think people should leave Marco alone,another 2 inches and Dani would of missed the back wheel and it would of been 1 of the passes of the year. Its what the championship needs a bit of something mixing it up. Its unfortunate that Pedrosa got hurt but passes like that are why we all watch! If he had made it he would of been a legend!!! I hope in the same situation he would go for it again.

Reply to this Topic
dkbunny

Nov 10

dkbunny says:

we need more Simoncelli's

We need a bit more close hard racing instead of some of the boring stuff we have grown used to.So Pedrosa needs to toughen up and Stoner and Lorenzo need to shut up and race. Do they think because they have won races and world championships that they deserve some respect out on track in a race ,whats next asking politely to overtake . Just get on with it and race like Rossi and Simoncelli are doing . I think MOTO GP needs more riders like Simoncelli to spice things up a bit and we will see how good Lorenzo is when it comes do new bike development he is still riding on rossi's hard work .

Reply to this Topic
xjrcarl

May 11

xjrcarl says:

Simoncelli/pedrosa

Good comment, i'm with you on that one ! To me it looked like Pedro lost his bottle and sat it up, if he had continued to lean it round the corner they might have touched but thats racing. Personaly i want to see more ! Now thats what i call racing ! Rossi is spot on when he says certain riders are pussies, how would they get on in BSB or WSB ?

Reply to this Topic
Adeninja

Mar 10

Adeninja says:

next race

Hiya i think Simoncelli will win the next race as every one will give him room , and i do hope little Dani can ride in the next race and get a few points , keep him in the hunt for the championship, was a shame the crash but it happens , the last two crashes Dani had stuck throttle and these one neither hes fault , but thats racing , :)

Reply to this Topic
foxman

Aug 02

foxman says:

My thoughts....

1. Get well soon Dani - no one likes to see injuries occur
2. Was it any worse than what Dani did to Nicky Hayden a few years back at Estoril?
3. Was it the first time that a rider had a ride through penalty for what was deemed "dangerous" without time to fully analyse and interview riders? If so, dangerous precedent set

Reply to this Topic
lewie

Aug 02

lewie says:

Pedrosa / simoncelli.

On reading some of MCN readers views I have to agree with the thought that Dani lost the bottle to tip it in if your view the TV footage at slow motion you can clearly see Dani,s bike hit a bump and the back wheel lift off the floor thus changing his turning in point this is when he sits the bike up. My own theory is that he was going to run straight on and over to the run off area but Marco was already there in fact in front of him. How on earth Marco can be blamed for this and given a ride through is beyond me.Nobody wants to see anybody injured but this was just a racing incident if you are going to give ride though,s for this type of incident you are going to open a can of worms. One last thought guys Lorenzo,s move on Dovi I think pot calling the kettle black ? don,t you think . Lewie.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle