Skip to content

Discuss This Debate rages over Simoncelli move that took out Pedrosa MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Debate rages over Simoncelli move that took out Pedrosa

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

Debate rages over Simoncelli move that took out Pedrosa

Marco Simoncelli’s reputation as the bad boy of MotoGP rose to new heights after he was involved in a collision with Pedrosa that left the luckless and injury prone Spaniard with a broken right collarbone. Simoncelli and Pedrosa had just exchanged overtakes at Turn 6 when the factory Honda duo tangled on lap 18 of the Le Mans MotoGP while jostling...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (16 May 2011 10:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tman39a

Mar 08

tman39a says:

overkill

From what i saw Pedrosa tried to hold Simo off into the corner and came in too hot...Simo left room and Pedrosa chose to lift the bike up for some reason...there was no sign of him loosing the front so he should just have followed Simo through. The ride through was ridiculous and if they use that rule in the 125's etc there'll be no-one on the track. Still feel sorry for Pedrosa...injury was the last thing he needed but he should have known better against Simo..its all or nothing with him in every race.

Reply to this Topic
gaziskwakers

Feb 06

gaziskwakers says:

who's to blame?

I've watched this over and over and have decided that i DON'T KNOW!! I can find an argument for both riders. can't find a good argument for a ride through penlty, that was just pathetic over reaction brought about by the political postering of the other riders in the paddock ( Lorenzo should be very careful about slating others for dangerous riding after his torpedo attack on Dovi)

Simoncelli will bounce back, I remember a wild riding rider coming into 500's and wiping out half the field at Donington one year, that rider was a Mr M Doohan, anyone remember him?

hope this doesn't mean we have to take up knitting instead!

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

Simoncelli

Makes boring Moto Gp look good now ! Keep it up fella !

Reply to this Topic
slickhillsy

Oct 04

slickhillsy says:

Nostro-enough...

Great!

So Nostril - now you've beaten your chest and got the whole self publicity thing out your system (oh and we now all know how wonderful you are, were, has been - yawn) maybe you can now start being a little nicer to lesser mortals... 

You seem to have drawn as much controversy as this thread subject matter - time for your ride through!

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

RACE DIRECTION

needs to wake up. As i said in another post Pedrosa ran into the back of Simo. Pedrosa COULD of backed off and gone around the corner  instead of over cooking it and standing the bike up. It,s all there for all to see , that,s what i saw when it happen and thats what I ve seen every time it,s rerun . SIMONCELLI was RIPPED OFF by a race direction that jumped the gun because SIMONCELLI was involved. As stated below if this was 125,s or 250 noone would give a monkeys. SIMONCELLI has finally made moto gp worth watching with his hard charging passion to win. HATS off to him.

Reply to this Topic
Velocity84

May 11

Velocity84 says:

@ Nostro

Do you have your dick in hand when you re read your own post ?

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Ha Ha

So is that the extent of your "racing career" then nostrodamus. Essentially club racing in New Zealand. Not England, or mainland Europe or America or even Australia, but in the middle of fuck all, New Zealand.

You really are full of shit. FFS I've done more racing than you, some of it at national level, and all of it in England, where it actually matters.

:lol::lol::lol:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

SUPERMARIO

pull ya head in. Most racing in NZ is at club level . What do you mean England where it actually matters. You oviously have no recollection  of Aaron Sligth, Graham Grosby , Hugh Anderson, Ginger Molloy , Kim Newcomb, Simon Crafer, Shane King , Josh Coppins , Ivan Mauger, Dave &, Neville Hiscock , Bruce Anstey ,Paul Dobbs (RIP)  spring to mind . Considering NZ has such a small population i reckon we have done pretty well on an international level . And they all raced week in week out at club level Clown man cause thats all there is .Apart from the 2 months of nationals. Since you already live in england where it actually matters I can,t for the life of me understand why your not lining up in BSB at least.  I reckon I know why though.

Reply to this Topic
Molehillbmx

Oct 09

Molehillbmx says:

Dear Dorma....

Dear Dorma,

Please can you make Motogp as boring as possible by banning overtaking & close racing!

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

I think you mean Dorna...

But don't worry, i wont say anything... :)

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices