Skip to content

Discuss This Debate rages over Simoncelli move that took out Pedrosa MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Debate rages over Simoncelli move that took out Pedrosa

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

Debate rages over Simoncelli move that took out Pedrosa

Marco Simoncelli’s reputation as the bad boy of MotoGP rose to new heights after he was involved in a collision with Pedrosa that left the luckless and injury prone Spaniard with a broken right collarbone. Simoncelli and Pedrosa had just exchanged overtakes at Turn 6 when the factory Honda duo tangled on lap 18 of the Le Mans MotoGP while jostling...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (16 May 2011 10:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

agree with x2glider

I am surprised too that anyone who has ridden a bike sees this differently.  Agree completely with x2glider.

From the front camera angle nothing seemed too bad.

From the rear camera angle it was much more straightforward, Simoncelli passed Pedrosa, Pedrosa then made a move back and Simoncelli chopped across his front wheel, Pedrosa tried to avoid it by standing the bike up but still could not save it.  If Pedrosa hadnt sat the bike up both could have been injured.

Chopping front wheels is completely out in motorcycle racing, it is not allowed at all, this where deaths etc occur, riding at high speed and have your front wheel taken out means you almost hit the deck at the same speed you were travelling and from a height, ie not a lowside.

Pass me and I will take your wheel out is crap riding, if that is your type of rider then more is the pity for you.

Start line weaving has started to creep in across the classes too, there will be a big mishap with this unless it is cut out too, the rules are clear, that was banned years ago.

Not to mention Yamaha has been handed an advantage when their bikes are on the back foot by Simoncelli, nice work.  Just when I thought Simoncelli was looking better but the idiot is 8th in the championship and nowhere near the leading two in the championship.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices