Skip to content

Discuss This Le Mans MotoGP: Valentino Rossi revels in first Ducati podium MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Le Mans MotoGP: Valentino Rossi revels in first Ducati podium

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Le Mans MotoGP: Valentino Rossi revels in first Ducati podium

Valentino Rossi toasted his first Ducati podium in Le Mans yesterday after the Italian finished the French MotoGP race in third position. The 32-year-old just failed to defeat compatriot Andrea Dovizioso for the second successive race, but Rossi was still jubilant to show the increasing potential of the factory GP11 machine. Using a new carbon fibre frame he first tested in Estoril...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 May 2011 10:26)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

hugelean

Back to 2010 are we ? its 2011 mate, and Casey has taken 2 wins out of 4. Deal with it. But hey its not Stoner riding the bike isit, no its being controlled remotely by the honda bosses right ? He won by 15 seconds, due to HIS skill. stop bitching about him having the best bike, Rossi has had the best bike for most of his career.

Reply to this Topic
deanwhite99

Jun 08

deanwhite99 says:

hugelean......

Fact is, he dominated in 2007 and whilst he made mistakes and hasn't won since his outright speed has never gone away. He's won a good few races since his title year. If you wish to talk stats, remind me of the win count in the 800 era? Not bad I think you'll find for someone who you seem to think has cracked.

Riding the more compliant Honda just as hard as the fickle Ducati, the result is what we saw yesterday. Get used to it, I think we might be seeing a lot more of this.

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

Dean

Okay, lets talk stats...

Stoner's wins

2007 = 10 wins - 1st - 0 DNF

2008 = 6 wins - 2nd - 2 DNF

2009 = 4 wins - 4th - Sick 3 races?? DNS (crashed on warm up lap)

2010 = 3 wins - 4th - 5 DNF

So from what i can see, he dominated on the 'sorted' Ducati in 2007 then went backwards every year after... Yes he has won the most 800cc races but the majority were in the first year of the class! So basically when the other teams caught up and closed the gap on Ducati's advantage we then saw where his real level was. Also, it is all well and good winning the most races in an era but it really comes down to who win's the most championships as that is what counts at the end of the day...

Reply to this Topic
whemy

Oct 10

whemy says:

luck

my god rossi got a lucky podium come back to earth he would have finished 5th if that stupid gorilla hadnt screwed the race up for them both.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

stats is last years news

FACE THE FACTS AND RESULTS, CASEY IS RIDING BETTER THAN ANYONE, ON A BIKE MADE AROUND PEDROSA NOT HIM, NOTICE HOW HAYDEN GOT ON SO WELL WITH IT!!!! RESULTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES AND RACING IS RACING, SIMO MAY HAVE BEEM AT FAULT BUT WOULD HE BE IF NO1 HAD COMPLAINED ABOUT HIM BEFORE THIS SEASON???. ROLL ON NEXT ROUND, MOTO 2 RACE WAS GREAT, ELIAS AND DE POOOOOOOO NIAA, TO GET OUTTA MOTO GP MAKE WAY FOR THE LESS ERM CRASHER STYLEEEE 'S.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

fogno

Don't bother mate, you wont come across 1 Rossi fan who doesn't bring up the past because they don't like whats happening in the current season. pathetic losers. All i've seen since Lemans is 'wow that honda has dominated' no fellas, Stoner has dominated, deal with it and move on.

Reply to this Topic
WLF2001

Mar 11

WLF2001 says:

Ahh, I see the rascist Stoner lover is back. You boys don't mention 2007 to much now do you.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

haha

yeah im so racist im sitting next to a mate of mine now, and he's from nigeria. but ssshhhh he doesnt realise. I dont like cunts that come over from countries and blow shit up and take jobs but thats another matter altogether, this is a bike racing forum so lets stick to that you fool. jeez the amount of retards on this site that have no clue. 2007 ? name ONE time iv mentioned it, never. exactly. yeah you'l get the odd few that mention 2007 but not the majority like petty rossi lovers, its used in a form on response to the 'well 9 titles so haha' bollocks. jog on muppet.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Actually

why would anyone need to mention 2007 when he's on form like this ? He'd be leading the championship if it weren't for some muppet taking him out, oh sorry i mean the honda would be winning. As Casey just sits on the bike as it goes round right ? haha idiots, Rossi is on a race winning bike and at best can manage 3rd through nothing but luck.

Reply to this Topic
deanwhite99

Jun 08

deanwhite99 says:

Minty Fresh.....

Okay, so another good thing with stats is you can interpret them anyway you wish to support an opinion.

So you clearly wish to ignore the fact that Casey has won the most races and draw attention instead to titles. As it stands, Valentino has two, Casey and Jorge one each. On current form, I'd say there is a fair chance that one of those may be on two wins come season's end. Now it's my feeling that Casey is in with a very strong shout of adding to the title tally. With that, there will doubtless be more wins. So as the 800 era closes and you wish to look at the stats, if Valentino and Casey are level with two titles each, we must look to the race wins...... What would that tell us? That Casey was super talented, won on two completely diffferent bikes and was a double champion. Time will tell if this is the case.

Tell me, how was the 'Ducati' anymore sorted in the first year of 800's than any other? Granted they made a great motorcycle, but they had the same opportunity to do so as the competition. Casey just happened to ride it extremely well from the start and the rest is history. How does Casey and Ducati's championship differ from the first MotoGP year when Valentino won on the superior 'sorted' Honda? Rossi won as he pleased with little competition, by the time the bike was handed to a fast rival in Barros, the season was effectively over.

It's also funny to read your comment about it's all well and good winning races but it's championship's that count. Funny as Wayne Rainey's three titles never found him the popularity enjoyed by the multi race winning one time champion Kevin Schwantz.

The fact remains, Casey Stoner is a seriously talented motorcycle racer. In my opinion, arguably the fastest guy around. You don't have to like him, just accept it.......it'll save the bitter taste come season's end!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle