Skip to content

Discuss This Le Mans MotoGP: Valentino Rossi blames Simoncelli MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Le Mans MotoGP: Valentino Rossi blames Simoncelli

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Le Mans MotoGP: Valentino Rossi blames Simoncelli

Valentino Rossi conceded that Marco Simoncelli’s overtake during the French MotoGP race that left Dani Pedrosa with a broken left collarbone was too aggressive. Rossi has been a staunch supporter of his close pal in recent weeks as Simoncelli has come under attack for his hard riding tactics. But nine-times world champion said he had watched TV replays of the incident on...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (16 May 2011 10:38)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cossie748

Dec 07

cossie748 says:

and your comment was so much more worthwhile hugelean. Everybody see's things so much clearer now that you've set things straight.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hugelean - "wow barely a worthwhile comment what a joke.. Oh and it was JLo trying to repass Rossi under the yellow flag, Rossi passed him before they got there..."

JLo has presumably changed over to Repsol Honda... I wish they wouldn't do that mid race... pot-kettle-black... thank you for your worthwhile comment.

http://www.visordown.com/uploads/images/Large/36262.jpg

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-racing-news-moto-gp/did-rossi-pass-under-a-yellow-flag/18017.html

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

He always passes under yellow flags being waved...

They all have a big #46 on them!!!

Reply to this Topic
Stu749s

Oct 07

Stu749s says:

Hugelean

The pictures look pretty conclusive.  I can only imagine that the stewards were more concerned about the safety of Pedrosa and just missed the incident.  I am inclined to agree with Rossi about the DP / MS incident though.  Danny had nowhere to go and Marco just shut the door.  I understand your comment about Rossi's interview where he slates the younger riders for not having enough agression, but there is a difference between agression and careless riding.  Marco is agressive but that was a careless manouvre.

It's nice to see a bit of agression in Moto GP as long as it's controlled and not dangerous.  Say what you like about Stoner ( and I'm not a fan of the petulant little so and so ) but he's not afraid to bang fairings if he has to. 

Bring it on I say.  It's far better than last seasons procession.  For the first time in 3 seasons Moto GP is living up to it's billing of being the pinancle of the sport.  It's been so boring people still go on about LS08.  When Sheen, Roberts & Rainey Etc were racing this kind of action was common place.  Let's stop moaning about who's fault it is and just enjoy the racing. 

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

There are a dozen photos of the simo/dani crash on the web half show simo infront half dani, can you be so sure your single shot tells the whole story, probably not. Never mind the fact that the yellow flag is clearly behind them and the only yellow flag in front has a 46 on it.. Do you think Rossi should not be able to overtake when goes passed his fans?? You are a comedian of some note it seems.

Reply to this Topic
millarmob

Jul 05

millarmob says:

what a load of crap

its ok for Rossi to knock off stoner through bad and careless riding and no ride throu no fine no f all

then the italian tosser has to nerve to say another rider was at fault in an accident

it seems to me all the other riders have different rules to Mr Rossi

Rossi shut up and fuc- off

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

EASY TO SAY

WHEN YOU EVERYONE IN RACE DIRECTION SUCKS YOUR ASS BECAUSE OF MONEY!!!!!!!!

WHY NOT ASK ALL THE OTHER  RIDERS NOT INVOLVED HOW THEY SEE IT AND NOT SOMEONE WHO GETS AWAY WITH MURDER CAUSE HE HAS A YELLOW FLAG ARMY, ALL I KNOW IS THIS IF CAL GETS CLIPPED BY HIM AT SILVERSTONE ILL BE ONE OF MANY CHASING HIS PIZZA DELIVERY SCOOTER IN PIT LANE, WHAT A TOSSA.

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

its just racing

god please tell me that even motogp is going to be a nanny state

for god sake its racing, stop the political bollox just race

in top level of racing you will always get this its called racing

Reply to this Topic
suzukidan

Oct 07

suzukidan says:

SIMONCELLI'S MISFORTUNE HAS NO INFLUENCE ON ROSSI'S RESULT ?

Mr Rossi is singing Marco's praises and calling his fellow riders "PUSSIES" and then when it  influences his racing result Marco is naturally at fault !

On giving interviews have we heard the great man quote on how he inherrited his podium ? , no , WELCOME TO THE PUSSY CLUB MR ROSSI.

It was a racing incident that unfortunately happened to the wrong men ! PEDROSA  =  MORE INJURY + SIMONCELLI = MORE BAD PRESS!

Eurosport announced that three riders from the pussy club had made an offical complaint about Marco's dangerous riding , ergo race control have reacted to what some consider 50/50 , six to the half dozen or both riders at fault to be solely Marco's fault!

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Racing incident yes, but...

When you come around the outside of someone into a turn you know that is is a risk. Racing is full of risks and you learn to evaluate how big a one you should take in a split second. Lewis Hamilton tried to go around the outside of Webber last year in a similar move and chopped across him. On that occassion it was the man on the outside who came off worse, Hamilton's fault as he knew Webber only had one line to take and Hamilton moved onto it.

Simoncelli had just been repassed by Pedrosa and was probably fuming and frustrated. Pedrosa hadn't got the best line into the corner but was ahead, but also probably struggling to brake enough to make the corner neatly with that line, maybe he wouldn't have made it at all and run on. Simoncelii had a better line into the corner and could afford to brake later but he should also have been aware that Pedrosa could well run wide. He may have thought he could get around him early enough before Pedrosa ran wide. He must have had some small doubt in his mind though that it may not happen that way and that they could touch. That's where the split second decision comes in. Go for it or back off. He went for it, chopped accross Pedrosa who couldn't slow it down enough and they touched, the luck was with Simoncelli that they both didn't go down.

Racing incident yes, error on Simoncelli's part yes, as he had the better view of the situation and could have prevented it. Error on Pedrosa's part, not really as he had the inside, Simoncelli was behind him and he had no idea what he was doing. At worst he would have run on and Simoncelli would have got the place that way, had he backed off. He would no doubt have taken Pedrosa in the next lap or two as Pedrosa was slowing up slightly. He was too impatient but that's racing, he was fired up and the red mist was probably descending.

It doesn't matter what level you race at, racecraft and racing principles remain the same, Simoncelli took a big risk and it resulted in another rider crashing. It wasn't deliberate, but neither was it a fully considered move, more a trust in blind faith which didn't work.

I don't think it warranted a ride through. I'm not sure Simoncelli is the bad boy on track he is made out to be. From what I've seen of him that is.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices