Skip to content

Discuss This Le Mans MotoGP: Valentino Rossi blames Simoncelli MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Le Mans MotoGP: Valentino Rossi blames Simoncelli

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Le Mans MotoGP: Valentino Rossi blames Simoncelli

Valentino Rossi conceded that Marco Simoncelli’s overtake during the French MotoGP race that left Dani Pedrosa with a broken left collarbone was too aggressive. Rossi has been a staunch supporter of his close pal in recent weeks as Simoncelli has come under attack for his hard riding tactics. But nine-times world champion said he had watched TV replays of the incident on...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (16 May 2011 10:38)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

Jesus H Christ!

Stoner is amazing and is on fire at the minute

Rossi is amazing and will be in the mix again, also he is probably the reason a lot of you are even aware that MotoGP exists

They hate each other which is great but have massive respect for one another

Enough of the comparisons on points from seasons gone by, it's pointless as the bikes change massively from year to year, as does the competition!

If Rossi is asked about his opinion on something, he is free to speak his mind and I for one admire the fact he does.

Reply to this Topic
Gixerguy

Mar 07

Gixerguy says:

WOW

Hey guys take it easy
I have nothing against Casey Stoner. I also think he is an awesome rider and exciting to watch. I am not a fan of anyone in particular, who wins doesn’t matter to me too much as long as the racing is good. (This at the moment is debatable) My point was that it seems to be ok to slate Rossi but say something bad about Stoner and you get a torrent of abuse. I mean YammyR7 “ Rossi is a pussie”. Good answer, must have taken you an age too think up that one.
(I have noticed that no one has said anything about my Lorenzo comment? I will add that I have nothing against him either).
As for Halitosis.
“You don’t have the grace or intellectual rigor and honesty to accept or even acknowledge it. You, Sir are an absolute dead-head, dumb-arse and a numb-nuts” You don’t know me, so let’s keep the insults to a minimum. I should be entitled to my opinion without you stooping so low that you feel it is necessary to demean me in this way. This is exactly the reason it has been 5 years since my last post.
There seems to be a lot of angry people around and my advice to you is this. Stop worrying about stats and guys you don’t know. Watch the racing until the chequered flag then get out on your bike and pretend we are just like the guys we have watched on TV, maybe it will help to relive some of your pent up anger.

Ride safe. See you in 5

Gixerguy

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Time will tell if Mr.Rossi manages to get the Duc on the podium 9 times out of 18 like Stoner did last year but the comparison is mute (not least because he came 4th last year) & as you point out... it's not down to ifs & buts but what actually happens. I hope they can both (along with a few others) challenge for the title until the last race.

Reply to this Topic
kaiser954rr

Apr 10

kaiser954rr says:

off the subject

WHY ARE YOU ALL TALKING ABOUT VR AND CS WHEN THE ARTICLE IS ABOUT MS AND DP? I'm sure there is a place for the 'CS is better than VR or whatever' debate but this isn't it. You could try reading the story and then, after much mulling over, respond to what has been written. Just a thought...

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

For me 4 of the main things why a comparison between Rossis season this year and Caseys last is hard to measure are. 1) the duke has gone backwards every year, so it is logical to assume that at the start of this year the duke was further behind than last year. 2)There are 4 really competitive hondas this year all there or thereabouts as fast as Dani who finished 2nd last year. Last year there was one competitive honda. 3) Both Rossi and Pedrosa, particularly Rossi, missed several races and rode many more injured, Rossi the majority of the season. This gifted Stoner and one or two others the easiest run in the championship for a while and made his season look considerably better than it would might have been, Same goes for Spies who to be honest I'm not the least surprise he isn't any closer to the front... ps Doesn't mean Casey isn't a great rider (though some can't compute it), he is, and at a few tracks(he usually wins at them) his style is bang on but he's along way from the compete rider that Rossi is. On the schwantz thing you really have to have seen the races, Schwantz was on a much slower bike all his career and had to scrap like mad and never got the breaks that the 2007 Ducati/ BS tyres or the current Honda have afforded Casey imo. ps comparisons against teammates only for me... Casey has a miles better package than Rossi this year so it will be hard to make a realistic comparison and both were gifted them, next year I suspect may give a truer indication but then again it's new rules so maybe not. wish they would stop messing with them.

Reply to this Topic
Gixerguy

Mar 07

Gixerguy says:

Sorry Kaiser594rr that might be my falt.

Nothing wrong with sideshows move on pedrosa in my opinion.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Passing on the outside

This was to close in my opinion. Want a good example ? Rossi at Catlunya battling with Lorenzo in 09 or 10 ? The pass after the start finish straight around the outside on the brakes, one of the best iv ever seen.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

tucking the knee in...poss best ever no question, never seen that done before.. Also liked Rossi's round the outside at Laguna. yam3358 Are you feeling alright?? As for Simo, persecuted no doubt, for the safety meeting and the injury not for the pass. If Rossi had disagreed he would have been universally slaughtered for any one of 100 conspiracy theories...

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

I was going to mention the Laguna 2008 'Round the outside pass'

It really was a great pass.. tends to get forgotten about though due to the 'corkscrew' incident.. Another great 'round the outside' pass was done by Scotty Redding last year... can't remember the track but it was one of the gutsiest moves i had ever seen!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hugs... "1) the duke has gone backwards every year, so it is logical to assume that at the start of this year the duke was further behind than last year."

Yeah I know it only won 3 of the last 6 races that Stoner did on it... obviously a right pig :D ... c'mon, it was winning races & gaining podiums. Ultimately it came in 4th... Stoner must be head & shoulders above everyone else if he could achieve that on the pig of a bike you say it was.

Can't fault the rest of what you say tho' :)

Kaiser... sorry, but that's the way discussions go... better than shopping spam innit?... :D

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices