Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha unveils 50th anniversary paintjob for MotoGP MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha unveils 50th anniversary paintjob for MotoGP

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Yamaha unveils 50th anniversary paintjob for MotoGP

Yamaha has unveiled a 50th anniversary celebration paintjob for the factory MotoGP team which will be raced at Assen at the end of June and raced by reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo and teammate Ben Spies. The classic red and white speedblock paintjob is called the YZR-M1 WGP50th Anniversary Edition’ and will be used for the Assen TT and Laguna Seca...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (17 May 2011 10:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Difficult choices.

The Yellow one of 2005 and the now Yamaha in Red I quite like this one off design I hope Ben does Yamaha proud at Assen and his home race can't wait for them two races when Yamaha uses this design.

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

Shweeeeeeeeeeet!!

Now that is a cracking paint job!! I love the retro red n white livery!!

Reply to this Topic
texas_rp

Nov 04

texas_rp says:

Speed Blocks

The Speed block design always looks nice.  Perhaps they should incorporate it into their usual blue scheme as well for the rest of the races.

Do you think the speed blocks will make Spies go faster too?

Reply to this Topic
gravelrashjr

Mar 11

gravelrashjr says:

Niiice

But I wonder if it would look better replacing the red with the more recognisable blue that Yamaha use?

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

It's okaaaay

Would look better with a sponsor.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

What The??

How old is that design? kinell sack the lazy git . That design is so 1978 it looks good sure but come on lets have some modernity .Very little thought gone into that design see me after class C+ could do better .

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Sponsor

When Yam announced no title sponsor most cries from the forum were for the red/white or yellow paint jobs.

This is a classy look for Yam, but very much looking backwards and shows they are truely f*cked for sponsors - sorry Elbowz I know you like to predict they will have a sponsor by Mugello, and that Ben will save the planet but this year will be a doozey for Yam financially and in championship standings.

Reply to this Topic
flasharri

Mar 09

flasharri says:

Retro

Love the retro speed blocks, it doesn't need a sponsor (financially Yamaha might disagree though..) to look good, it looks better without to be honest.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Richard1967

It's to reflect on the past 50years it's not supposed to be modern,it's retro and I think the yellow black white and the red and white certainlty hails back to great times for yamaha,and I agree also that the speedblock design always looks well,Ceccotto ,Baker ,Lavado even Sheene and Roberts ran these colours happy days,Lorenzo will be proud to run this livery I am sure

Reply to this Topic
texas_rp

Nov 04

texas_rp says:

Sponsors

I can understand Teams and Riders need money from sponsors but it is refreshing to be able to see the bike without it being diluted and hidden with so many sponsor stickers.  Same goes with the personal sponsors for riders.  Is there a rider out there now with out Monster, Red Bull or Rockstar on their helmet?  I'm just not a fan of these energy drinks logos everywhere.

Still Yamaha are trying for the old "retro" look.  They are celebrating 50 years of racing so would be looking back at old and successful color schemes.  As long as they start moving forward with their motor now.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices