Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha unveils 50th anniversary paintjob for MotoGP MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha unveils 50th anniversary paintjob for MotoGP

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Yamaha unveils 50th anniversary paintjob for MotoGP

Yamaha has unveiled a 50th anniversary celebration paintjob for the factory MotoGP team which will be raced at Assen at the end of June and raced by reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo and teammate Ben Spies. The classic red and white speedblock paintjob is called the YZR-M1 WGP50th Anniversary Edition’ and will be used for the Assen TT and Laguna Seca...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 May 2011 10:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Ben and Cal

Too early to say Spies is washed up, and defo too early to say he will whoop Cal over the season.

They will certainly have a close together - hopefully assen, and my money is on Cal to tough up and rough up Spies... both bloody good, fair and clean riders who would make excellent sparring partners.

In fact, will stick money on Cal whooping Spies at Assen

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Elbowz11

it wont happen...

Reply to this Topic
N152er

Feb 09

N152er says:

Cal at silverstone

I stand by this that Cal will get pole at silverstone. any takers

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

A bit far.

No where near Assen we'll see what happens in that race I have a feeling Spies race will be very much smilar to last year where he had a decent start going ahead of Pedrosa and Stoner kept them at bay for two laps before they took over which left him fighting four fourth with both Dovi and De Puniet Andrea was a few seconds ahead Spies closed him up a bit then timed his overtake to perfection but the Honda rider wasn't done he and Randy wanted fourth too they tried their hardest but Ben came out on top.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

did you pass out

from al the Spies talk mid way through yoru last comment elbowz?

Reply to this Topic
glynny

Aug 09

glynny says:

Seriously?

Are you serious 152? I mean Cal is something else of course to be holding his own in this field, this early into his GP career, but pole? I think he will do really well at silvo, hopefully a front row start to cheer but the aliens might have something to say about pole. Were you tongue in cheek there?

There's no denying Cals catching Ben slowly but surely at the minute (but one good race and a riders confidence can go into orbit, Ben will come good again I'm sure) but at this level if one of these riders gets a setting nice and early in the weekend, and there's any one of 4,5? (in fact who are the aliens this season?) you just might not see them again for the rest of the weekend. Especially Casey right now.

So slightly off topic now i know but......................

............................Hmmm, Casey, JL, Dani & Vale are the 'aliens'...............BUT.............is Vale still an alien on that bike at the minute? 

If no, will he be back to being an alien mid season? 

Is Supersic now an 'unofficial' alien? 

So are there 4 or 5 aliens now?

Or is there only 1 alien this season? and yes he's sometimes petulant, but by golly f**k, that aussie can ride.........

Also, I know he's some sort of gone wrong experimental genetic accident between Leo Sayer and Rowan Atkinson but he's there or thereabouts week in week out nowadays, i almost expect him to be front row now every race...............so do we have a 5th alien. I think we do, Marco, please step forward..........

Oh.......................love the spray job, certainly prefer it to the blue!!

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Championship standings so far.

What the fact Ben is only one point behind him in the championship standings after last Sundays race. Its a only a metter of time when #11 gets the feel of his bike and then see what happens it will be interesting to watch like its said once Spies makes progress he never takes a step back.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

will it change the outcome?

i remember vr and ce having different paint job at laguna an col got knocked off or so to speak by hayden,ouchy. looks mint tho the job, be a few r1's i would think maybe released in this?

Reply to this Topic
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

Elbowz

Will be interesting to see how this one pans out, both go about their business without to much fuss but are hard racers. I honestly recon Cal will keep progressing though as he has through his career, not seen him take a step back since I first started watching him in British supersport.

Get the 2 together in a propper head to head and we will see what happens, shame Cal crashed at Le Mans really, was shaping up nicely for a battle with Spies and Hayden. Looking forward to going to Silverstone, hope Cal doesn't do "A JT at donny" and send it down the road, Spies was good round there last year as was Cal on the SBK, hopefully both be battling for a podium!!!.

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Best Yamaha one off designs.

In no particular order.

1 Laguna Seca 2005

2 Assen 2007

3 Colin's Laguna Seca M1 2007

4 Team Texas Tech 3 Laguna and Indy livery 2010.

5 50 years of racing.2011

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle