Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha unveils 50th anniversary paintjob for MotoGP MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha unveils 50th anniversary paintjob for MotoGP

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Yamaha unveils 50th anniversary paintjob for MotoGP

Yamaha has unveiled a 50th anniversary celebration paintjob for the factory MotoGP team which will be raced at Assen at the end of June and raced by reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo and teammate Ben Spies. The classic red and white speedblock paintjob is called the YZR-M1 WGP50th Anniversary Edition’ and will be used for the Assen TT and Laguna Seca...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (17 May 2011 10:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wak1309

Jun 10

wak1309 says:

Yamaha unveils 50th anniversary paintjob for MotoGP

I thought that was the topic??

Nice paint job (I always like the Speedblock design....retro, modern take, whatever?!)

It is very reminiscent of Rossi's 2005 Valencia, which for me was the coolest thing Yamaha had done up to then! I'm suprised nobody has mentioned that yet. I promised myself I'd give my 1988 FZR1000 that colour scheme when I got it on the road again but alas I've stopped holding my breath on that onw....I turned blue too many times!

Minty, is that a Speedblock mint you have ;)

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

They would rather have sponsors colours on the bike I bet!

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

With ya Wak!

I love this scheme and you are right, it has been used before on more recent factory bikes and it looked pucka then...! Didn't Yam release a number of R1's with this paint job? I know they did with the Yellow one!

Yep, you spotted it! I am in full support of the Yamaha team this year with my speed block mint!!

Reply to this Topic
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

Sexy

That is one sweet as fook livery! When will they be relasing the limited run of 50 R1's?

Be nice to see that rolled out for the rest of the season, that blue scheme is shite.

Should look good as Cal sees red and hammers the Tech3 up the inside of Ben on the brakes into the final chicane at Assen (a track he has ridden before) standing him up!

It's surely only a matter of time before those 2 have a close race, I for one can't wait to see that, I like them both but it would be so so sweet to see him beat Spies this year as everyone said it would be hard to repeat what Spies has done in his first year, never mind that, he could quite concievably beat him on his factory steed.

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Hopefully.

By the time the Dutch round and the Laguna rounds come into play Yamaha will have sorted the problems like speed and horsepower which the works riders have been requesting for.

Refering to the previous post Cal beats Ben never happen he couldn't even manage to get the results he got on the R1 3 wins compared to 14 whats the chances he will beat Spies on a B graded machine maybe stay in front of him for 2 laps then his works M1 eats the Tech 3 alive and Ben will whoop Cal over the season.

Reply to this Topic
Gstan

Nov 10

Gstan says:

Won't the sponsors want the bike to be in their colours though? oh wait, what sponsors, get your act together yamaha and lower your demands for the cost of sponsorship.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Spies?

Bens been a huge disappointment this season , I doubt new colours will improve his lot either , might take some peoples eyes away from his results . Don't think he'll make "alien" status , mind you theres no shame in that , those 4 or 6 riders are amazing depending on who you count as an "alien" Id say Cal and Ben were a close match ability wise .

Reply to this Topic
remstein

Jul 07

remstein says:

#

Absolutely stunning

Reply to this Topic
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

Nice look, they should keep it...

Then when Stoner thrashes them all into oblivion with a tardemark runaway victory at least they will VERY, VERY cool. ;)

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

RDB nice comment.

Stoner may thrash them but the Yam is agile and good on the brakes a very smilar thing could happen to him again.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices