Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner makes Honda 1000cc debut MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner makes Honda 1000cc debut

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner makes Honda 1000cc debut

Casey Stoner kicked off his preparations for the 2012 MotoGP world championship in Jerez yesterday (Tuesday) when he completed his first day of testing on board Honda’s new 1000cc machine. Fresh from his emphatic victory in the French Grand Prix at Le Mans on Sunday, Stoner completed 50 laps on the new bike, which was given its shakedown test at the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (18 May 2011 10:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

Lol WWB....

I think you will find that my post was already in front of yours and you hit mine from behind causing your own excursion into the cyber gravel.... 'I a done a nuthin a wronga'

Anything but Harley Davidson tassels Aquarius.... the mere sight of them makes me want to pull my own eyes out!!! Maybe they could just have a word with BMW to get one of them new gadgets fitted to Simos bike.... you know? that new gadget that can prevent accidents happening... I suspect that the gadget would blow within the first two corners due to information overload....

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

who to test instead of pedro

maybe minty should have a go , sounds like he know everyone in the racing world and must be a pro or none founded champion, maybe in the bulls@:t series yes . good luck to stoner, but will hayden have a shout back in next year??? he was good one the 1000cc honda. or rossi if he crys enough for not doing all that well one awfull race winning ducati.

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

You speaky da Inglish????

From what i can make out of your strange post.. it would seem you are trying to be funny yes?? Oh well, never mind... try harder next time fella...

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Considering what happened at Ducati there has to be a niggle at Honda that Stoners feedback is suspect. Not stirring or saying its so.. Dani waited till the last minute to choose what was in the end a different frame to Casey.... Who knows, anyways if he can't, hondas the best place to be.

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Honda not too worried

I don't think that Honda will at all worried about next years bike development. It sounds like an evolution of the 800 more than the revolution of the 990 from the 500.

I agree with Hugelean - I doubt Stoner's development skill too. Dani's also - look at how long it's taken the big H to get the 800 (nearly) properly sorted.

Honda have been without a really good development rider/team since Rossi & Burgess left for Yamaha with the rest of the crew. Before the Rossi days they had Doohan who wouldn't let Honda change the NSR.

If we are going to see any real change in motogp the teams need more than the pawltry 21 litres so the riders can race for the whole race and *affix rose tinted glasses* a reduction in the level of electronics on the bikes so the rider is more in control of the bike.

Oh and Minty Fresh and WWB you guys have made me laugh which is a rare thing on this site lately :)

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

Not paying attention

....so apologies if this is covered elsewhere but  is it a V5 again? Or 4? and does it have a name? Should be RCV213... if it's a V?

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

Uh oh...

With Danny Pedrosa out there is no one around to develop the bike! Casey had better get someone in and fast but we dont want him upstaged so its time to make that call to Wayne Gardner..,

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

<i>Honda have been without a really good development rider/team since Rossi & Burgess left for Yamaha with the rest of the crew. Before the Rossi days they had Doohan who wouldn't let Honda change the NSR.</i>

And yet they managed to end up with the best-performing bike so far this year. Big piles of cash are far more important than development riders.

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

Hmmmm

Shame Honda didn't have the brains to pull their cheque book out eight years ago then hey...? Oh they did but there is clearly more to it than just having "Big piles of cash"! - If they had the right rider then they would not have wasted huge piles of cash and 8 years developing what you see today...

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

yeah

Ducati are really tightening the belt this year, just like Yamaha in 2004.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices