Skip to content

Discuss This Lowes parts company with Team WFR British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Lowes parts company with Team WFR

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

Lowes parts company with Team WFR

Alex Lowes, one of the brightest prospects in BSB, has lost his ride after failing to agree contractual terms with Team WFR. Lowes has been one of this season’s sensations, running his BSB Evo Honda up with the BSB superbikes in the opening three rounds of the championship but, has been doing so with no formal contract. But with his growing success,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (19 May 2011 08:58)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Stu749s

Oct 07

Stu749s says:

Eh??

Alex has been one of the revelations so far this season.  Who will he be riding for now? 

Reply to this Topic
jimsmimm

Apr 06

jimsmimm says:

pretty obvious he's far to good for the evo cup....wss...perhaps...?????

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Alex Lowes

Definitely a shock to most teams and maybe a few riders . His last seasons exploits should have been a clue to his speed .I hope Alex gets a decent ride , it'll be a real shame if this ends his career before its really started . There are a few riders out there on borrowed time though so maybe one of those rides could be his?

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

FFS

Doh, I have just picked him for my FRR team!! Anyway, I wish him all the best with his new ride (won't be long until he is snapped up as he is a real talent) Can't wait to see what offer he takes!!

Reply to this Topic
tockie

Aug 10

tockie says:

I can't see Alex being without a top ride for too long, he's been a revelation this year so far. We don't know the details yet but it's WFR's loss.

Reply to this Topic
TwoSkoops

Aug 10

TwoSkoops says:

Stick him

on Elias' spare bike....

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

It's easy to say

He'll be snapped up soon by a top team, but realistically, who ? and WFR, what can i say .. bunch of idiots.

Reply to this Topic
adrenalin

Jun 09

adrenalin says:

I'm sure I have seen reported somehwere that they wanted him to signa a 10 year contract! if thrue then it is no wonder he walked away.

There are riders in BSB that don't deserve to be there or are just seeing out their days, and it is a shame that young talent like Alex Lowes is riding an EVO bike in the first place. Hopefully he has done enough this season to convince a major team to take him on and give him a decent bike. That may not be in BSB but that is their loss.  Surely Simon Buckmaster/Parkalgar must have a spare bike laying around ;)

Reply to this Topic
adrenalin

Jun 09

adrenalin says:

Response from Alex has been posted here

www.bikesportnews.com/news-detail.cfm

It would appear that the contract was for a 2 year riding deal coupled with a 10 year management contract!

Apparently the contract was given to Alex on Saturday at Croft and he was told 'sign it or don't race Sunday'.  Seems like a one sided negotiation to me :)

Reply to this Topic
deanwhite99

Jun 08

deanwhite99 says:

Alex Lowes....

I heard from Sam that they wanted to tie him in to a ten year 'management' contract. Apparently, for a team with a car racing background that may be the norm. For Motorcycling, that would be just ridiculous. Seem's there was no mention of the 10 year deal until after Oulton Park by when Alex had already shown his speed and wasn't even being paid to ride. A case here of a greedy team manager trying to exploit the talent of a young rider for his own gain?!

Would have been better for WTR to have him winning races on their bike. Very shortsighted and unprofesional from the team. For a young rider with a future, of course Alex couldn't commit to a 10 year contract. The fact that Myles Schofield has made his fancy statement knowing the real reason why Alex couldn't possibly sign the contract is a joke.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices