Skip to content

Discuss This Lowes parts company with Team WFR British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Lowes parts company with Team WFR

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

Lowes parts company with Team WFR

Alex Lowes, one of the brightest prospects in BSB, has lost his ride after failing to agree contractual terms with Team WFR. Lowes has been one of this season’s sensations, running his BSB Evo Honda up with the BSB superbikes in the opening three rounds of the championship but, has been doing so with no formal contract. But with his growing success,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 May 2011 08:58)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bruncvik

Aug 09

bruncvik says:

Well thanks WFR

for doing your best to deprive the series of one of its top riders and a future star. What lousy managerial skills to surrender your best rider by holding out for unrealistic and unfair contract terms. I hope Alex quickly goes on to bigger and better things and leaves WFR choking on his exhaust fumes.

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

Yes but you are missing the bigger picture here!!!

Yeah, poor old Alex......... but what about my bloody FRR team?!

Reply to this Topic
Wellgofar

Jul 10

Wellgofar says:

Greedy and Foolish WFR

No doubt that WFR have a great bike and fantastic mechanics etc but the management team have been very foolish and greedy to think that they can run Alex's life for ten years. They have just let a most extraordinary talent slip through their fingers, something they will live to regret. I will not be surprised if WFR now lose their sponsorship.... Not so good thinking, Batman!:wacko:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
dale b

Jan 08

dale b says:

Kawaski's Gain?

Given the news of Stuart Eastons Injuries after his crash in the sstk practice at the nw200 this morning, Surely he would be a great replacement while he recovers from what appears to be pelivis/leg injuries? WFR must be mental if they think any rider is going to sign a 10 year management contract! Would be great to see his obvious talent on the green meanie!

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Wow that is heart breaking!

WHAT IS MINTY GOING TO DO???

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

Tell me about it....

I knew you would understand WWB.... seem's there are some real selfish people out there just thinking of themselves and not me!!!

Reply to this Topic
deanwhite99

Jun 08

deanwhite99 says:

Alex.....

So chances of Alex turning up on an MSS Kawasaki soon then?

Get well soon Stuart Easton, terrible news.

Reply to this Topic
goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

Alex Lowes

Im staggered by the short sightedness of WFR... Alex has been a breath of fresh air on the BSB scene this year...Even his team mate Glenn Richards acknowledges this. From what Ive read from the comments posted on here... his team tried to tie him down to a 10 year management contract....well who on earth would sign that ?...especially a young talented biker who has the world at his feet....

I personally fel that Lowes is far to good to be riding an Evo bike..... He belongs on a superbike at least !!... Id actually love to see him on the Moto 2 grid...I feel those bikes would suit his riding style...

Reply to this Topic
wak1309

Jun 10

wak1309 says:

Back to the FRR drawing board!

I've just had to part with Johnny Rea in WSB to sign Alex in BSB!! And now he's without steed?? I feel like Minty! At least there are a few days to recheck tactics (or tic-tacs in Minty's case!.......did you see what I did there?) ;D

Really sorry for Gary Mason and obviously moreso Stuart Easton but surely if Alex takes the Kwak ride it will only be temporary? I hope he gets something permanent soon!

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

I see what you did Wak....

And I officially like it!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle