Skip to content

Discuss This Toni Elias ride not in danger MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Toni Elias ride not in danger

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Toni Elias ride not in danger

Toni Elias is not in danger of being axed by the LCR Honda squad, despite his wretched return to MotoGP in 2011. The reigning Moto2 world champion has endured a disastrous return to MotoGP and in the opening four races has only claimed a best result of ninth. In three out of four races he's qualified last, but LCR Honda boss...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (23 May 2011 10:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

Regret...

I bet Lucio wishes he never let Randy go!! I strongly beleive they could have easily been getting top 10's from the word go with De Puniet piloting the LCR machine again this year..

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Blunder by Lucio.

Letting Randy go as proved to be his biggest mistake he was LCR's best rider IMO. The LCR boss may say Elias ride is not in danger but it could be reversed if his results don't improve being honest an upcoming rider from the Moto2 series deserves the LCR ride.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Give the guy a break

Thought he showed a lot of heart at Le Mans.  Passed the whole of the "back end gang" only to lose the places with a near highside, passed them all again only to lose a couple of places on  the last lap,

He's obviiously riding around a severe lack of confidence.......Good luck to him.

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

Oooops, i see the mistake here...

The title should have read "Toni Elias ride not in danger .......... of breaking into the Top 10 for as long as he is riding it."

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

of course his ride isn't in danger

Toni was placed there by Dorna because they wanted their Moto2 champion to be promoted so that others will be attracted to Moto2 as a definite feeder series for MotoGP. LCR took the rider and the Dorna cash so they CAN'T sack him.

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Dorna.

Looks at his performances and thinking we have made a mistake but then again LCR were strugling for cash there are some riders in MotoGP who don't even deserve a ride in the Premier class Elias is one of them he looks lost on the Honda.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

it's easy to have a pop at someone who's riding around at the back of the grid.  i agree with vtwin - he's trying his best to get his head around the tyres at the moment, and i'm sure he'll get there in time.  it'll be interesting to see how he goes at Barcelona if it's a baking hot weekend.

elbowz - if there aren't 17 deserving riders in MotoGP this season, how on earth will the grid be filled next year with up to 24 slots up for grabs?

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

RawDawg

On the face of it your comments make sense. Not that I have done any research but I was unaware LCR took Dorna cash to run Elias this season? If so then I feel that is just the nature of the business sometimes. There can only be so many winners in Moto GP or any series for that matter. Back in the 250 days most punters would have picked the hard charging Elias to be far more successful on the big bikes than weedy pint sized Pedrosa, myself included. But things don't always follow a logical path. ***** Perhaps (apart from the way he likes his tyre construction) Elias' problem is he really is too good for Moto 2 but not right for the top end of success at Moto GP. He lost his ride and saw Moto 2 as a way to prove he is too good for the lower classes which he did first time! Gotta respect that in his CV. ***** As far as Dorna using him to promote M2 as "the" feeder class or the best route into MGP that doesn't really seem necessary. M2 was fully subscribed in it's first season, where as apart from a couple of front runners World Super Sport, talent and team wise has been on the wane for a number of seasons now. First year of M2 and the WSS grid was barely as full as WSBK. Sparse indeed and as for quality of riders??? No comparison, WSS is very weak, M2 though on lower spec bikes has countless GP winners, podium finishers, and World Champs! ***** Apart from Melandri who said he couldn't get the right machinery / team to help him be competitive; all the riders in the "Production" (and I use that term loosely) based championship want to be in the GP paddock. To quote Crutchlow (recent WSS champ) from Crash.net the other day; "You cannot explain how big a jump it is - these boys are the fastest in the world!" C'est La Vie...........:wink:

Reply to this Topic
Faster1

Aug 09

Faster1 says:

total spin

,,all that they are doing is PR damage control.. Toni is out before the season is over,, If he hasn't done it by now, he is never going to re-adjust/re-invent his riding style. The bike is a turn -key, out-of-the-box top 6 performer. Toni is delusional if he thinks that a crew is going to (de) tune that fine bike to suit his hang-off-the-side riding style.Everyone on the grid could hop on that rig and turn laps 2 seconds+, faster lap times than him without a spanner being taken out of the toolbox.   done,,

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Future's not orange

Elias,imo, wil be far better off going to WSB next season as he is going nowhere in motogp and as WWB said is too good for moto2. Have to feel for the guy but at the end of the day the results aren't there and he's on his second(final) chance so has to go.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices