Skip to content

Discuss This Colin Edwards: Simoncelli overtake was 'wrong' MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Colin Edwards: Simoncelli overtake was 'wrong'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Colin Edwards: Simoncelli overtake was 'wrong'

American Colin Edwards reckons Marco Simoncelli's controversial Le Mans overtake that left Dani Pedrosa injured was too aggressive. Simoncelli and Pedrosa were battling for second place on lap 18 of the French MotoGP race when a collision left the Spaniard with a broken right collarbone. The Repsol Honda rider underwent surgery last week and is facing a fitness battle to be...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (23 May 2011 10:46)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ojw30

Apr 11

ojw30 says:

Assen

Come on Colin, don't  you remember the last corner scrap you had with Hayden  a few years back. You know, when you were younger and hungry for results.

Just like Simmo.........

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Yeh nice list.

There`s another list at my sons school which includes everyone who is too bone idle spell correctly.

It gets the teachers off the hook as well! (Dyslexia, you know).

I`m not a clever person, probably not even average, but when I was at school we weren`t allowed to mis-spell anything.

Sure dyslexia exists, but not in the numbers exhibited on here! Any quick read through the posts and the age of the author can be guessed at....good spelling and grammar, over 45/50...
Unreadable pap? Then a sliding scale of dumbassedness will reveal the youngsters!

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Minty

Sorry but i don't believe for a second you are in a position of management. I can't think what company would be silly enough to give a management position to someone who spends half their time at work on a chat forum. I would encourage anyone to look back at the 'Stoner tests 1000cc bike' article to get the faintest idea at what im getting at and what little common sense he has.

After i wrote my last comment, i signed out and got on with WORK.. (its something you get paid for). I sign in now to find out you commented 20minutes later. Honestly Minty, take a break. You ignore comments whenever you feel outdone by and refuse to deliver on this 'list' of all the muppets who supposedly said Rossi wouldn't get a podium.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

that's what you think Minty, but

your staff know you spend the day surfing MCN while they do all the hard work, and are already plotting your downfall. Your days are numbered. How do I know this? Well, firstly its an all too common story repeated in workplaces around the country. And secondly, would you like to take a guess where I work?

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

I know this Simoncelli incident has been argued to death but....looking back at the Schwantz/Rainey days and WSB these days, they seem to come at each other from all angles. It just seems a bit precious....

Reply to this Topic
Halitosis

Jun 10

Halitosis says:

Thanks, Killahrat

For one of very few sensible and factual posts on this one. We have a truly sad attempt by this leemuz dope to prove that he's up there with all these famous and successful people and a bout of “workplace” handbag-swinging between a few others, including the normally sane and totally reasonable Weskit. See how they drag you down into the ooze at the shallow end? Minty Fresh has always been another sad case with an itchy trigger finger to jump in and display his lack of nous too. OMG - what a bunch of hyper dysfunctionals.

It fascinates me when these geniuses don't like the " message " - they then immediately attack and demean the " messenger ". Of course, should they get their own grubby, sweaty mitts on a Satellite Team bike - they would immediately get regular podiums – yeah sure.

The selective amnesia is a major worry too and seems to be an ever-present medical factor with these troglodytes. Not only did Edwards beat the amazing Troy Bayliss fair-n-square for the WSBK Title, he also handsomely beat his team-mate, their Lord, Saint Valentino on EXACTLY THE SAME BIKE ( Yamaha ) at Laguna Seca in the 2005 US GP. Edwards was 2nd and Rossi 3rd - anyone remember this? Edwards is a highly respected "development & feed-back " rider who has finished 4th in the GP Championship, had 2 x 5th's, 2 x 7th's and 2 x 9th's - in fact he has only been outside the Top 10 once in 8 seasons. But his "opinion" that Simoncelli was in the wrong, based on his great experience and highly respectable results doesn't count for sweet FA. Right? Honestly, WTF would you know?

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

and the funniest part Halitosis

is that your self righteous little rant is slagging people for being self righteous and slagging each other. Which in many ways makes you the most dysfunctional of all, as you yourself are aware of it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Halitosis v Supermario

SM I am glad you let Halitosis off with a written warning and not a fine or ride through penalty as no matter who it may be directed at; "selective amnesia is a major worry too and seems to be an ever-present medical factor with these troglodytes" has to get my vote for Line of the Month. Troglodytes, that IS funny even if I may turn out to be one! ***** Also his point about Edwards pedigree is very well put and Colin, unless corporately hog tied, is usually one of the most honest and straight up when it comes to rider opinions. Yes he seems to be like an old chair around the house which you often feel should go to the tip but still comes in handy when you need it. My take on Colin is this; some days I think he should go too but since "we" are talking about peoples work on this this thread I urge you to have a look at it this way. Colin is to GP like a lot of old boys on the factory shop floor. He may be a bit slower, less ambitious, never made it to the top of the ladder (one win, or title), or kissed ass to improve his status. What that old boy is though is the guy you go to for answers, honest opinions, how to get things done, and usually knows more about what is going on in the factory than the guy sittin' behind a desk in the office. Before anybody leaps.... I have spent too many years behind some of those desks. Cheers*

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

BTW

Can everybody take a minute to report "lingixn" for abuse........ That Troglodyte and his handbags needs to be deleted, over 60 posts and he knows nothing about handbags compared to some of our forum friends! ;) Then again maybe that is why we get so much spam on here. As brutal as it gets sometimes on here I reckon spaming discount handbags is like spaming Ruben Xaus, RDP, Robin Harms, Johnny Rea, or Hopper (Kawasaki) for discount fairings!

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Thanks MCN.

For removing them spammer fools check to see how many accounts they have created too.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices