You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > MCE Insurance Smiling gits

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

okmate

Aug 07

okmate says:

MCE Insurance Smiling gits

Renewed my insurance with MCN Compare back in April. MCE Insurance came up as the cheapest quote. Took the policy and thought all was good untill i sold one of my bikes and wanted to get a refund on the policy by canceling the insurance for the bike i had sold. Smiles better. F**kin useless more like. Never buy insurance online. Once they have your money they don't want to know. Now from reading the forum (my fault should have done it before) i discover just how many people have been stung by this company. Why has Motorcyclenews as an organisation which i trusted and put faith in allowed MCE Insurance to be on thier MCN Compare link. People should be made aware of just what a con this company is. Maybe put a big warning sign on the website before you purchase your insurance cover. Come on Motorcyclenews you could have done better. Luckily insurance policies only run for a year. Then i can get shafted again. :mad: 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (23 May 2011 13:55)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BadD0g

Aug 08

BadD0g says:

Insurance

eBike for the win :)

Reply to this Topic
lamin2

Jul 09

lamin2 says:

MCE miles worse

I insured on line with MCE on 10th June and as I was not to clear on the EU cover I rang the help line and after being told all the details were as I wished I paid in full £176 for 12 months cover starting on the 16 June. As by the 16th I had not recieved my policy or any other documentation I rang MCE again only problem is if you are not ringing to pay them money they are not interested. NO Smiles here.

Eventually I get hold of someone 32 min on hold !! I am sent my docs by e-mail HA ha what little I got was illegible but no policy or schedule, so not much use then.

I e-mail saying forget the policy I am within my rights to cancel within the statatory cooling off period. 2 weeks 3 e-mails and hours on hold later I eventually get through to customer care, CARE they don't give a $%^&* they say ok we will refund you £127 as it was now 10 days later and I had had insurance fro that time. Trying to explain you can't tax a bike without an insurance certificate and I had not been able to ride my bike was a waste of time as was any reasoning over the law about cooling off periods etc.

Apparently MCE are 'SPECIAL' they can charge what they like the FSA says so, yeah right .

My advice steer well clear of MCE miles worse, they advertise bikers insurance by bikers I think they have got motorcycle mixed up with bicycle and really they are a bunch of $%^&* cyclists out to cause us bikers more grief and keep us off the road.

MCN I implore you do not advertise this company anymore

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices