You are in... Forums > General > General > 2011 North West 200

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

dave_c

Aug 06

dave_c says:

2011 North West 200

Myself and the G's (Glenn, Gordon & Graeme) attended this year's (non) event.

Despite the weather conditions we all had a really good time. The only downside was that someone's bike fell over during the ferry crossing to Belfast and landed on Graeme's bike, breaking his NSR indicator :mad:

Before I post some poor action shots I'll set the scene for day with a few general pics - the clue is in the clothing and umbrellas! :winkie:

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (24 May 2011 10:29)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
R100R

Jun 07

R100R says:

Dave

That's why it's useful to have a bike with a topbox.  You've always got your waterproofs handy.:smile

I guess a topbox would look a bit out of place on the 'golder gixxer.':doubt:

Reply to this Topic
Jeni4

Sep 08

Jeni4 says:

Great pics

Glad you all had a good time, despite the weather and that there were not too many mishaps - unusual for the Scottish Crew holidays haha

How did Graeme cope with his indicator being damaged, as I know he's only recently got the bike back together again lol

As for Si, I reckon he isn't as rufty, tufty a biker as you lot :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
dave_c

Aug 06

dave_c says:

Andy

We did actually have rucksacks with us to carry waterproofs etc., although I honestly doubt that any waterproof could have fended off the rain on the way home. It really was torrential :shock:

I think you're right about topboxes and gixxers, but I have to admit that over the course of the weekend I found myself admiring bikes with luggage :winkie:

Jeni Graeme was a bit pissed off and couldn't believe his bad luck. Although it didn't hold us back and through town I just rode behind him to cover the indicating :smile 

Reply to this Topic
Jeni4

Sep 08

Jeni4 says:

Dave

Aye, understandably - but at least you were able to help him out.  Roll on a new set of fancy indicators coz you know what he's like :lol:

Reply to this Topic
si1981

Feb 09

si1981 says:

HAHA!!!!

OI!!!!:lol::lol:

Yeh turns out the battery cell was on way oot :wacko: Nothen worse breaking down in the pissing rain standing there wait for ma dad bring van them up to glasgow! Aye was gutted then tho looked at the rain!!! :shock::blink: bloody needed water wings!! :blink:

Just got bike back now shes running well! can suggest spain next time fur better weather lol

Dave good pictures hope there was loads drinking going on?:winkie:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
newbiebikerboy

Apr 04

si

think about it, the four of us in ireland, watching racing and riding the bikes. OF COURSE THERE WAS DRINKING INVOLVED:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Think most of us seemed abit worse for wear on sunday, i know i did anyway:wacko:

Reply to this Topic
skycat

Jul 05

skycat says:

Despite the weather conditions we all had a really good time. The only downside was that someone's bike fell over during the ferry crossing to Belfast and landed on Graeme's bike, breaking his NSR indicator

Dave good to hear you all had a reasonable time...

but poor Graeme just when he put the bike back together again!! :mad:

Reply to this Topic
ulsterflyer

Jun 10

ulsterflyer says:

nw200

glad you had a great time at the nw200 hope you come back next year did you have an ulsterfry

Reply to this Topic
dave_c

Aug 06

dave_c says:

ulsterflyer

Yes, we had a fry on the Saturday morning, and yes I'd definitely come back :biggrin:

My mum is from County Down and I have relatives in Doagh, so I'm no stranger to that part of the world :winkie: 

Reply to this Topic
ulsterflyer

Jun 10

ulsterflyer says:

nw200l

glad to hear it, reading belfast newsletter today they are going to see if they can get a two day road closing order for next year plus a full tuesday practise hope they get it ( theres not much to do in Doagh after 9 at nite

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices