Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

MOT Expiry

Guys,

Need some guidance.  The MOT on my bike expires on Sunday and I can't get it booked in prior to the expiry date because everywhere is booked solid.  I have managed to get a booking for next Thursday meaning that there will be a five day gap between expiry of the old MOT and the issue of the new one.  The bike will not be used between these dates but, knowing that big brother watches all and we are fined for anything these days, is this going to give me a problem?  Do I have to report this anywhere to cover myself?

I can't find any useful information on the DVLA website.

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (24 May 2011 14:44)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CharlieSYLO

Mar 11

CharlieSYLO says:

You should be ok

As long as the bike isn't being used then you're fine, and as it's booked in for a test then you're covered for riding to the test centre.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

m.o.t.

As Charlie says but make sure the testing station have got your time/ make/model and defo reg/no`s.Who`s a naughty boy when you can go a month earlier and get 13 months m.o.t.shame on you.:hmmm:

Reply to this Topic
ajroberts

Dec 10

ajroberts says:

Car

I by accident a couple of years ago, ran my car for 8 months overdue on an MOT and I had got nothing from the police or anyone.

(before anyone says; I did get the MOT done and was all fine and yes it was completely accidental)

So you should be fine for 5 days. The paperwork for telling them that it won't have an MOT will probably take 5 weeks....

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

MOT

Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure there had not been any changes to the rules that were going to give me a problem. 

Jaffa, tried to book it weeks ago but everyone around here fully booked for weeks.  Of course, I was looking for a Saturday booking as I didn't want to take time off work for it.  As it is I've had to book it for a Thursday.  There was a thread on here not long ago about motorcycling dying.  If the local MOT stations are anything to go by that's far from the truth.      

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
hairybob

Jan 09

hairybob says:

mot

most mot testers seem to have been retrained in the past couple of years ,everything computerized and stricter mine failed on delaminating no. plate. Don't be tempted to ride without mot ANPR cameras will get  you. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices