Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi’s development skills vital for Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi’s development skills vital for Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi’s development skills vital for Ducati

Ducati is finally starting to reap the rewards of having the technical skills of Valentino Rossi develop its factory GP11 MotoGP machine, according to factory team boss Vittoriano Guareschi. Rossi has already started to instigate a major overhaul of this year's Desmosedici with new a electronics package and revised carbon fibre chassis introduced recently. A new engine spec, featuring a heavier crankshaft,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (25 May 2011 10:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

RossiDukeBiker46

So the Yamaha is better since Rossi left , interesting, 4 races in and Rossi beat current champ Lorenzo @ LeMans.

I know Aquarius and a few others have issues with Rossi but really, his Yamaha titles were bloody hard fought, none of those titles were handed to him, 2004 was a tough year as were 2008 and 2009, i love the racing and have since the mid 70's ( Lawson and Schwantz being 80's heroes ) but i can never understand the amount of hatred and vitriol aimed at a 9 times champion, being a 9 times champ can never be down to luck, one title then no more could be classed as a lucky one but 9 !!!! As much as Aquarius is very knowledgeable about the racing and history and i generally enjoy his posts he and others seem to forget that Yamaha also said that Rossi gives very precise information to the engineers which makes life easier for them to understand what is required. Hate his personality, sure as everyone is different but no one should doubt his skills or ability.   

Reply to this Topic
stompmyduke

Mar 08

stompmyduke says:

Progress?

Can't see there's been any progress - Rossi gained a podium by default (of Sic and Pedro). However, only Rossi can feel if the bike's any better, but all bikes have moved on since Qatar, except, it seems, the Yamaha. If the latter failure is due to faltering development, then surely the Duke WILL become a winner due to the defection of the Yam development rider to Ducati

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Yawn.

More Rossi ass kissing and ball rubbing. Funny how Casey didn't get all of these updates and fixes during the year when he was there. @TrumpetTriple - and how many times did Casey beat both Val and Jorge when he was on the Ducati? Oh that's right, he had more wins and poles than both of them when they both was on the Yamaha. So Rossi placing in front of Jorge 1 out of 4 times isn't anything Earth shattering.

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Aquarius et al

JB has said that Ducati saw Stoner's problems with the bike as his problem and not a bike problem (kind of paraphrasing). We know how good Rossi and JB are at developing a bike - they took Yamaha from zero to hero so it's no surprise that Ducati are finally listening to their lead rider. it's also no surprise that we are getting articles such as this as Ducati must be keen to deflect attention from the fact that they ignored Stoner for years and are now faced with the rather uncomfortable truth that the bike was at least partly to blame.

Aquarius you say that Rossi's podium in France was inherited, and so it was but no more that Lorenzo inherited the win at Estoril and I don't recall you saying he was lucky to win....

I'm not sure about Matt Bird. Is he is wearing yellow tinted glasses, is he writing these articles to give us something to talk about and thereby increasing the traffic on here, or is it maybe that people want to read about Rossi such is his level of popularity amoungst nearly all fans (with a few notable exceptions and people who probably dislike his because they think it's the cool thing to do)? 

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

so true Mort77

nice to read a post that is not biased and there are few like it these days.
Keep it up RDB...lol.
And nice one Matt Birt...they fall for it everytime..haha!

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

shrewd move from Birt

i think he monitors the forum and knows that the topic of rossi's developent skills, and by opposition stoner's supposed lack thereof, is always good for stimulating a high quality debate amongst posters.

Now i'm the last person who wants this forum ruined by anything that has a basis in reality, but there were a couple of interviews with Burgess recently that actually had some information content.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2011/May/110519burgess.htm
http://www.sportrider.com/news/146_1105_jeremy_burgess_talks_about_rossi_and_ducati_progress/index.html

In the first one Burgess points a finger at Ducati, saying they tended to look at Stoner's DNFs as specific to the rider rather than the bike. The second one has some specifics about the electronic upgrades sorting out the pumping pretty quickly with Rossi's experience, something that Stoner struggled with because he never had any other GP bike to compare it to. Nothing about the front-end feel issues as yet, guess we'll have to wait and see.

Second one also has some rubbish in it. You couldn't say the M1 was "even more flawed" at the beginning of the 2004 season after Furusawa et al had spent the off-season throwing the kitchen sink at it.

Reply to this Topic
elefantman

Nov 03

elefantman says:

yeah right

Like Valentino wants the bike to be competitive in the hands of other riders - having always done his best to nobble his teammates and ensure that he remains king dick. Changes to the Ducati under his guidance will be changes to suit Valentino. Any benefit to other riders will be incidental.

Reply to this Topic
Cormac58

Jan 10

Cormac58 says:

Air head talk

@elefantman, that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. Whether you are a fan of, or indeed even like or dislike Valentino, the guy is a supreme bike developer. To say "any benefit to other riders will be incidental" is absolute crap. Valentino and his team turned up from Yamaha in 2004, developed in the bike in a more rider friendly way, and as a direct result from that every single Yamaha on the grid improved, indeed four years later in Le Mans they filled the top three places on the podium. You can't call that coincidence, or incidental, as Rossi, Lorenzo & Edwards all have massively different riding styles. So, as Ducati & Rossi move forward in their development, the bike will probably become more ride-able for everybody, and that my friend is not incidental. Of course HIS bike will be slightly better than the rest of the Ducati if they all choose to go with his setting on a developed bike, that's obvious. But you can't take away how good he is at at developing a motorbike if nothing else at all.

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Rawdawg

I was responding to someone saying the Yamaha is better since Rossi left ? A bizzarre statement seeing as my favourite riders Spies is struggling on it and Jorge is hardly dominant this season and it is interesting that Rossi overtook Jorge @ LeMans, it is only one in four, maybe let's revisit this later in the season Dawg, i know from past posts you really don't like Rossi so is hard for you to be subjective.

And no one is ass kissing Rossi , i merely pointed out that the amount of hatred shown to him is odd for a 9 times champion, that is a fact, was he lucky 9 times ? I don't think so.

For sure his personality may grate on some people but you can't argue with his achievements so i don't see where he deserves so much negative comment. 

Reply to this Topic
slit

Mar 11

slit says:

RDB46

I'm now officially part of your fans club lol the number on my badge is 897,731, it's fucking growing quickly!!!

rossi haters hahahha yeah you can say all bullshit you want, it won't change things so that reality will start being according to how your fantasy wish it were lol the good thing of envy is that is magnificent at eating out its own carrier

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices