Skip to content

General First Crash ! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > First Crash !

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

robertohare

Jan 11

robertohare says:

First Crash !

Come off my 650 bandit on Friday Morning (12.30am) Going around a bend to fast , 70-80 and seen gravel so insted of low siding it i breaked hard hit the curb at a angle and let the bike slide down the curb.

I went off down the curb doing star jumps and the usual intoa  bush.

Havent been on here for a while must admit but with all this spair time on my hands i suppose i have wimperd back with my tail between my legs,

Tanks smashed
Radiator Bent (Leaking)
Handles bars bent into tank
Faring smashed (The small ammounts as its a naked bike)
Clocks Smashed
Headlight scratched
Magneto cover took most of the scratches (RUIND)
Clutch lever snaped at weak spot

I rode the bike 25 miles back home with a leaking radiator and a bruised ego haha !

Me:

Fractured sholder & coller bone
Broken little toe
Brused ribbs and lungs,
Broken pride,/wallet

Apart from that 3 days later i was back in work cutting hair to pay for the repair,

( iv replaced the handles bars and bar ends, the front little lip of faring with a bigger screen. )

I plan to get the whole bike sprayed matte black and laqerd new tank and magneto cover, and see if i can get the radiator fixxed!

Was wondering if anyone had any parts they could sel me or even source me some parts, cant find a radiator anywere and the cheapest tank is £165

There are only two types of bikers, ones that have been down and ones that are going down.

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z328/robertohare/DSC07254.jpg

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z328/robertohare/DSC07250.jpg

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z328/robertohare/DSC07247.jpg

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z328/robertohare/DSC07245.jpg

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (25 May 2011 16:37)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

Glad to hear

you're ok, and that the bike is repairable.

Like most, I've stuffed bikes into the scenery in my youth.  As a warier being these days, I continue to have training to maintain and improve the skills and control I have.

Bikesafe very good in N.Yorks, i2i motorcycle academy even better and work all over.  It's even fun!

Reply to this Topic
robertohare

Jan 11

robertohare says:

Thats the thing.

I wouldnt say its a lack of skill as its more of a lack of attention, at 12.30 am after being in work from 7.30 that morning and not finishing till 8pm and deciding to go for a long ride is what got me.

wont be doing that again in a hurry.

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Forks

You might want to check they aren't a bit bent while you're repairing the rest, the yolk too.  A slam down that buggers the tank like that is likely to have put rather a strain on them.  

Impressive that you rode it home despite all that - did you pick it up with a bust shoulder & collar bone too?

Reply to this Topic
robertohare

Jan 11

robertohare says:

Yeah picked it up me self, took a bit of rockin and rolling off the curb but got it up ,

the adreniline was pumping and i couldnt feel a thing at the time untill about 14 miles into the trip back home and it was like being stabbed in the neck with a butter knife.

:doubt:

Reply to this Topic
cruiserG

May 11

cruiserG says:

ouch

i came of about 8yrs ago was riding the sv round a bend doin around 80 cough i mean 70, hit a dollop of horse doodah, ended up down an embankment with 5mtrs of drystone wall on top of me, got a couple of hotties stretcher me out and take me to north allerton hospital, 6 hrs later i could just about walk out, very lucky only got away with a chipped bone in my thumb and a 1 inch cut (now scare) on mi left arm, slowed me down for a while.

Reply to this Topic
robertohare

Jan 11

robertohare says:

thats the thingi

i dont think it will slow me down , i was doing wheelies on me mates r6 the next day, it runs through my veins . i think ill slow down off a night because my consept of speed at night is even worce than in the day to be honest.

Reply to this Topic
robbie7334

Oct 09

robbie7334 says:

tumble

Hi fella dont know yor location but on yer profile you ride around wales area.Regardin your rad I know a gud family firm that will sort that out fer you.Hereford radiators 01432274227 regards Robbie 

Reply to this Topic
robertohare

Jan 11

robertohare says:

ye dude, i found a company called cool radiators ? gona try them he only said £40ish because i sent a picture in.

Reply to this Topic
Andyvfr1

Apr 10

Andyvfr1 says:

Adrenaline

is the good stuff, amazin what you can do on a bit of adrenaline.

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Congratulations Rob!!

You must be well proud!!   :laugh:

To be honest you look to have got away lightly with the bike damage mate.. sounds like ya bashed yourself up good tho.. Nice one!!

If you aint been flying... You aint been trying!!!   :wink:

All the best for the rebuild... e-bay will now be your friend!! Good luck!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle