You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > Cyclists

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

icedfusion

Aug 04

icedfusion says:

Cyclists

I always wondered how cyclists in London ride.
From this short video you can see quite a few of 'em are riding like tits.
Quality London Cyclist

ice.

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (25 May 2011 21:57)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

Cyclists

I`ve always wondered why they are so slim.:wacko:

Reply to this Topic
ajroberts

Dec 10

ajroberts says:

Damage

I know this is a bad thing to think but.

He obviously caused damage to the bus and pick-up. To me it looks like he has just ridden off and not stopped to say sorry or make any recompense to either vehicle.
That irritates me, if it was a motorbike he would have given details etc. but not the cyclist.

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

A damned good thing...

... he got away with it.  Stupid, but no harm done but risk to himself.

Just out of curiosity, I wonder how many small-minded knee-jerkers will start raving about cyclists in general, and how they all ... etc. etc. this that and the other... and so on.

Yet the same people would yuck up a video of daring motorcyclists in traffic, and _yet still_ hate inferences to be drawn about motorcyclists in general because of the actions of a reckless one in a video.

I think it's a shame this BS towards cyclists persists among bigoted motorcyclists, I can assure you, cyclists generally look warmly at motorcyclists.  Many of us are both.

Reply to this Topic
SteveK23

May 11

SteveK23 says:

Cyclist

Today I made my first journey along the A3 into London from Streatham along which Tfl’s cycling super highway has been established. As a biker with over thirty years experience and someone who enjoys cycling in a non-commuting mode, I was appalled by the dangerous manner in which many of the cyclist behaved and believe that it is only a matter of time before we see the accident rate for cyclist begins to climb steeply.

I’m well aware that some of my motorcycling and scooterist brethren have behaved in a similar fashion for some time, however we are at least, taxed, as a minimum third party insured and quite rightly, forced to wear at least a helmet.

There is much to be commended about commuting by cycle and few would argue about the obvious advantages, however at least in London there appears to be a culture where what I can only describe as lycra clad thugs barge there way forward, oblivious of the danger they pose to themselves, pedestrians and indeed other cyclists, especially “Barclays Bike Wobblers”  some of the scenes I’ve witnessed look like a village butcher on a basket adorned jalopy has been dropped straight into a mountain section of the Tour de France, a recipe for disaster if I ever saw one.

It’s time that some of the money from out road taxes was spent on educating cyclist in how to ride reasonably and safely in traffic and helmets and third party insurance are made compulsory, perhaps than we might achieve a balance similar to Amsterdam where motorist and cyclist live in comparative harmony.

Reply to this Topic
grandutero

May 11

grandutero says:

Cyclists,

Well, I think we all have a part to play on the road, but in terms of cyclists in london, and elsewhere, is that there is no accountability for them. If they were able to be identified, (ie with a number plate) you'd see a drastic change in there behaviour, the ones that cause the problem anyways. Either way, i reckon london streets cant deal with the volume of traffic on them, no matter if its cars, lorries, bikes motorbikes taxis and d!cks walking between the cars.:lol:

Reply to this Topic
aasslee123

Jul 11

aasslee123 says:

Get the body you want by getting on your bike.

If you want to burn fat fast the bike is one of the best ways to do it, riding at a leisurely pace, you can burn up to 400 CPH. Riding high intensity you can burn up to 600 CPH from riding. Riding also can be quite fun if you change things up by taking it to the bush for some extra challange.

The bike is also very low impact on joints compared to walking and running. This will increase muscle tone and size without damage to your joints. Everyone wants to look good in shorts, cycling is one of the best ways to accomplish this.

One thing about the bike is buying the right size bike with the correct size frame for your style of riding, if you have a bike that is not the right size for you that can cause damage to your back over time due to poor posture and seating position.

If we're going to start biking to lose weight going to a Local Bike Shop for the best bike for your situation is the best option.

Good luck with your weight loss.

CPH = Calories per hour

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices