You are in... Forums > General > General > Don't give up eh

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

mentalcombat

Aug 10

mentalcombat says:

Don't give up eh

:ph43r: How many bikers have decided to hang thare helmets and keys up after a big off, Well my son was going to do this after some idiot hit him more or less head on, this was 03/07.09 at 0930am, He was going to work and went onto the Carrington Spur road Manchester, he passed a van, as slow moving traffic and a bloke in a white astra van pulled out to see if he could pass the cars he was behind, this was after passing several just previous, it seems he did not like traffic jams, any way to cut to the chase my son, who was on that day riding my MINT bronze Busa, as I trusted him implicitly, was hit by this idiot who was seen fully on the wrong side of the road immediatly before the crash, now the plod said this was not evidence as the driver did not see the impact, so they call it a 50 50, but the person who did see it and said the driver of the van was 100% to blame, well he does not wish to get involved, twat, So we have a 100mph impact 50MPH each, my son survies and changes his name to captian scarlet! spends six weeks in hospital, 7 surgeries and 9 blood transfusions, thank you Wythenshawe Hospital, you saved my sons life. Any way what happens is I get in touch with Sorrymate, Fergus Dalgarno, after meeting him at the thunder sprint a year before. I tell him what has happened and he takes it on, then we get chatting and I let him know what I do, I am a hypnotherapist, I mentioned this at the Thunder Sprint as I am letting people know what I do. So now he sends clients to me who are having issues with getting back on a bike etc, so if your thinking of giving it up, think again, 3000 people died in the twin towers, ironic that many of them must have had phobia's of flying or heights etc, but they died because of a tit in an aeroplane. We cannot let these idiots cause us to stop doing what we get so much from. So I suggest getting the problem sorted. It's All in The Mind. The pic of the spur road, this is the bend the van driver came round from the other direction, notice the angle and the obscured field of vision the diver would have had?? and notice the pure worry in his mothers face, fear tired, angry. All because osme numpty did not want to wait. Any way, stay well. and Stay riding free eh.

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (26 May 2011 11:07)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BIGMat

Jul 09

BIGMat says:

My sympathies

I have a friend who decided to give up on bikes after a small (in comparison) off. He was doing around 10mph when some idiot in a brand new Land Rover pulled out and hit him in the side, knocking him clean into the oncoming traffic on the other side.

I, and a few other random people, managed to talk him into the right mindset, and he got back on the bike. But until that point, he was convinced his biking days were over, and he had lost all his confidence.

Lucky for him he wasn't too badly beaten up, and I think that helped him make the decision.

But I can only agree with you, don't let the idiots dictate what you do in life, it's too short!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices