Skip to content

Discuss This Video: “Stay a hero, stay safe” General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Video: “Stay a hero, stay safe”

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Dan Aspel  says:

Video: “Stay a hero, stay safe”

This new road safety video – released by the Sussex Safer Roads Partnership – is part of the group’s “Stay a hero, stay safe” campaign. The group claims that motorcycle accidents account for 25% of all accidents on Sussex roads. This campaign aims to reduce overall “killed or seriously injured” incidents by 40%. In contrast to most safety videos, “Stay a hero,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 May 2011 17:35)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Not bad

Showing horror pictures just gets people's backs up, makes them ignore it.  Same as with the ghastly pictures on fag packets - they just get folded over so they're not seen.  But this one is quite a clever one - you're kept wondering if this kid still has a father or not, so the inference is there for the viewer to draw.  It doesn't get shoved down one's throat.

Reply to this Topic
CaNsA

Jul 09

CaNsA says:

Nice try....

For the record I am not one of these "all bikers are saints and all cagers are blind" types.

The main danger out there is car drivers not looking, or not understanding "small doesnt mean slow".

A kid in a garage and a terrible soundtrack isnt going to help IMHO.

Reply to this Topic
russ8655

Jun 09

russ8655 says:

Speed Triple

So that's who Triumph got to design the new Speed Triple, explains the headlights !

Reply to this Topic
icedfusion

Aug 04

icedfusion says:

very well done

Good video and a good message. Have to agree with previoius poster. You are not sure if his dad is gone or not just 'cos he rides a bike. Very well done IMHO.

ice.

Reply to this Topic
stevedeejay

Aug 09

stevedeejay says:

Good idea

to try somethin different :sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic
arnunn

Jul 06

arnunn says:

Same assumption

Why is the assumption that the accidents are caused by the motorcyclists? Sometimes it seems as if the 'Road Safety' groups give other road users the excuse that it must have been the bikers fault, look at all the campaigns aimed at them.

Reply to this Topic
BlackPrince

Feb 09

BlackPrince says:

Brilliant ad!

Arnunn, its not the point whose fault it is. A lot of good it'll do when you're at the gates of heaven and you tell St. Peter, "but it was the other guy's fault!" Through observation, and keeping one's speed down (and no i dont mean to the limits, I just mean not going into a corner too fast, or going >60mph in town) one can account for other road users and avoid getting into accidents.

Reply to this Topic
d0nkeychop

May 10

d0nkeychop says:

What the...

...flippin 'eck av you gone and done to your mum's brolly!!! And switch them torches off, batteries don't grow on trees you twerp!!! Good work with the twin pipes though son, nice touch.

I like it though, but judging by some comments it might not reach the desired catagory of rider.

Reply to this Topic
street3r

Sep 10

street3r says:

Not a problem with it.

Read the comments before I watched the clip. So I thought here we go... No. Not a problem with this "advert" at all. I agree with BlackPrince. Aimed at bikers who stretch the laws of physics and luck. Like the guy who went passed me, two cars and a van going up a hill. No line of sight what so ever (he just made it in).

I think it's amazing they found a kid who wasn't glued to his laptop or play-box-wii-cube-station-x.

Reply to this Topic
CaNsA

Jul 09

CaNsA says:

Targeting the wrong group I think.....

The group claims that motorcycle accidents account for 25% of all accidents on Sussex roads.

So....... cars/vans and trucks account for the other 75% of all accidents on Sussex roads..?

you would think they would want to target the 75% not the lesser 25%

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle