Skip to content

Discuss This Video: “Stay a hero, stay safe” General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Video: “Stay a hero, stay safe”

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Dan Aspel  says:

Video: “Stay a hero, stay safe”

This new road safety video – released by the Sussex Safer Roads Partnership – is part of the group’s “Stay a hero, stay safe” campaign. The group claims that motorcycle accidents account for 25% of all accidents on Sussex roads. This campaign aims to reduce overall “killed or seriously injured” incidents by 40%. In contrast to most safety videos, “Stay a hero,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (26 May 2011 17:35)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
2ellett

Jan 04

2ellett says:

percentages

CaNsA "So....... cars/vans and trucks account for the other 75% of all accidents on Sussex roads..?you would think they would want to target the 75% not the lesser 25%"

Correct in one sence, IF there were an equal amount of each type of vehicle on the road.  BUT when us motorcyclists make up about 1 to 2% of the acutal volume of traffic yet account for 25% of casualties then your theory does not add up.

Reply to this Topic
CaNsA

Jul 09

CaNsA says:

There is always the arguement of:-

If there were equal amounts of each vehicle, there would be less 2+ vehicle accidents involving a motorbike as road users awareness would be greater.

But also, if my theory doesnt add up then the stats provided by the Sussex Safer Roads Partnership are flawed also. Then again, they have got their data from a DfT report..... and we all know how reliable they are.

http://www.sussexsaferroads.gov.uk/safer-for-motorcyclists/data.html

Either way, this is just another brilliant way of wasting cash that could be used for something better.

The most successful road saftey campaign in rencent years was "think bike, think biker". And yes, i know it is focusing on a different aspect of bike awareness.

Im all for getting that back up on the telly.

Reply to this Topic
mattyamaha

May 10

mattyamaha says:

noted for xmas present for nephew :D

now i know what to get my nephew for his christmas present    a push bike  brolly   2 skittles    2 torches  and a  high power fan    with set of leathers gloves and helmet   (SORTED)

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

Touching..

Yep, that works, for those who have kids, it certainly changes your attitude a little, and if it dont...well...i guess you're a little selfish??

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

Nice

Yes it did it for me.......

Reply to this Topic
yzf07

Feb 10

yzf07 says:

*LAME* very lame!

Reply to this Topic
guzzivee8

Jun 07

guzzivee8 says:

Not sure where

you think Sussex stats are "flawed" CaNsA?
or what else you'd spend the monies on??

Agree with you about the "Think Bike/Think Biker" adverts but that has fallen fowl of MCN's Ex-Biker friend, Mike Penning, department of Transport not spending any money on adverts.

"By their deeds ye shall know them" (i.e. change the test but actually spend any REAL money.....)

GV8

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

Sorry but it's pathetic

Just a sad attempt at emotional blackmail.

A waste of money that should be diverted to front line cops who need to get some of the smidsey car drivers off the road asap before they kill more bikers

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices