Skip to content

Discuss This Piaggio Yourban 300LT: an English proofreader short of genius General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Piaggio Yourban 300LT: an English proofreader short of genius

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Piaggio Yourban 300LT: an English proofreader short of genius

Piaggio's new £5699 Yourban 300 LT is so clever in so many ways it would be a shame if its stupid name got in the way of anyone warming to it. It's a lighter-weight, less troll-like version of the MP3 LT, designed to appeal more to chic inner-city types. Like its non-Yourban MP3 LT sibling it's got the two front wheels...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (27 May 2011 17:24)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Whats wrong with the name?

Okay so its not the best name in the world but theres nothing actually wrong with it is there? Its not like Hondas exhaust system that was fitted to the CBX550 (Herpes - Honda Energy Reducing Power Exhaust System(?)) or that Moto Morini Camel (which in English tends to mean uncomfortable, poor handling rather than frugal, capable of going across deserts which is what was intended)

Reply to this Topic
anonstarter

Oct 09

anonstarter says:

MP3 without a roof?

Smart city types who endure congestion, high parking charges and high fuel duty would be far more impressed if it had a roof! Google "Piaggio mp3 roof". Imagine a BMW C1 with style and safety. Safer, faster, dryer, less congestion, less carbon emissions and 70+ mpg! I wish I worked for Piaggio...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
eddieknocker

Aug 07

eddieknocker says:

What an atmosphere.

You're only going home with Dusty Bin I'm afraid - you mean Ted Rogers and not Russ Abbot. And I'm not proud that I know that but too much of a pedantic git to let it lie.

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

Snigger

Ugly little sucker aint it?.....

Reply to this Topic
MCNGuyP

May 09

MCNGuyP says:

@eddieknocker

Dammit, you're right! I deserve to be made to look foolish so I'll leave the reference in

Reply to this Topic
nottheotherkevin

Sep 10

Another Pedant

So after getting grief for the Rogers Abbot mix up here's more. Don't know what the term is but combining two words is not a pun.

It does have form for ineffectual advertising though. Anyone remember the ditched Nissan commercials for the Micra that combined two words? Simple and --------- became ????????? Blast just remembered the other two words, full marks if you can. Here are two words that want combining Carp (sic) and Promotion become Crapromotion. 

So it's "Your Urban" not "You Urban" or the unfortunately named and unfeasible "Your Ban". Well it wouldn't be for speeding would it!

Still love a test ride on one of these and it goes to show you don't need 200hp to have fun. 

Reply to this Topic
rgvyan

Feb 08

rgvyan says:

I'd be interested to have a go. I did a test on the Canam Spyder at Silverstone a couple of years ago and that was fun, just not 13 grands worth of fun.

Reply to this Topic
OpenMind

Oct 11

OpenMind says:

More Pedantry, roof, ABS

Another pedant adds: Mr Procter needs to learn the British spelling of driving licence, with a c, as opposed to the American spelling for driver's license, with an S. Apart from that, yes, Yourban is a truly awful name and why don't we get the 400 version? I agree about the appeal of a roof, C1 style. Add ABS as well and you could definitely justify the price and flog it to city slickers no problem. Finally, just because a crap rap song has got the words "1,2,3" in it doesn't make it a suitable backing track to a video for a 3 wheeler. The second video, heightening the similarities between the Yourban and skiing, is in a different class.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices