General Old vs New ER6n General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Old vs New ER6n

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

ethicalkidnap

Mar 11

Old vs New ER6n

Has anyone ridden both the older and newer models of the ER6n? I'm considering buying one, but am wondering whether it's worth splashing out a little extra on a newer, post-2009 model, or if the older model is just as good.

The newer one does look better, but I don't know much more than that!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (28 May 2011 20:40)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BaldE35

Oct 06

BaldE35 says:

Ask oldish

Better than google! :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
eddieknocker

Aug 07

eddieknocker says:

yep

I've ridden both. I had the old version from new for 3 years - now got '10 zx6.which i would suggest is a nice step up. Had the new version as a loan bike a few times. It depends on the price difference. I loved my er. Nippy and quick enough but friendly. New one is less vibey but it was never a major problem for me on mine. New one looks a bit better.

I'd say get the old one and spend the difference on any kit you need. Or a dirty weekend in London. Up to you. :-)

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ethicalkidnap

Mar 11

Eddieknocker

Cheers mate, I've been looking at an '06 model and a new model. If the old one isn't too different then I'll definitely get one of them. A good 2.5-3 grand difference in price, and that's a fair amount of kit! And the vibes don't bother me, after having 3 singles, I'm used to it!

Reply to this Topic
eddieknocker

Aug 07

eddieknocker says:

de nada

still reckon you should have that weekend instead. ;-)

Reply to this Topic
jonny68

Mar 09

jonny68 says:

which one ?

If the difference is that marginal then deffinately go with the old. The difference in price will pay for your running costs for a fair while and do any mods or repairs if required. Also less depreciation aswell I would think.:smile

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
gingerB

Aug 09

gingerB says:

Old one

Old ones don't have a fuel gauge if that important to you :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
LeeMorgan

May 10

LeeMorgan says:

er6n

My sister is selling her er6n ( due to a baby on the way )

I could ask her how much if your interested , I think she was going to take it to a dealer ? 
Lee

Reply to this Topic
ethicalkidnap

Mar 11

Fuel Gauge

The fuel gauge isn't so important to me, to be honest, as long as I know tank range! Incidentally, does anyone know the average tank range? I've seen 150 miles posted in some places (including MCN) but up to 180 and 190 elsewhere.

And Jonny68, I didn't think of depreciation! Good point. I'll get an old one then, decided. And Lee, I'm taking out finance from a dealer, but thanks for the offer!

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

one of the most...

economical bikes out there (for it's c.c.). 15.5 litre tank, should get between 140-160 before reserve light comes on, and you've still got 3.5 litres to get you home on.Good on tyres, but eats chains so fit a quality set when you change chain and sprockets,and keep on top of cleaning / spraying with fs365.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices