Skip to content

Discuss This Marco Simoncelli to face Race Direction in Catalunya MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marco Simoncelli to face Race Direction in Catalunya

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Marco Simoncelli to face Race Direction in Catalunya

Marco Simoncelli has been summoned for talks with Race Direction ahead of this weekend’s Catalunya MotoGP clash near Barcelona. The Italian was embroiled in a storm of controversy after an aggressive overtake on Repsol Honda rival Dani Pedrosa during the recent French Grand Prix at Le Mans left the Spaniard with a broken right collarbone. Simoncelli was fighting for second place with...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (31 May 2011 09:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
timgsxr

Mar 11

timgsxr says:

Hayden

I remember a little spanish upstart nearly wrecked Nickey Haydens 2006 championship with an ultra aggresive move taking him out and no one got sand in their vaginas over that.

Reply to this Topic
Strokey

Sep 02

Strokey says:

Post meeting comment

"Well Marco, how did your meeting go with race direction?"

"Err wella I see the back ends stepping out so I push the maximum with the handlebars and make a good rhythm for sure"

Reply to this Topic
FalcoSL

Nov 10

FalcoSL says:

No comparison

Danny made a stupid move on hayden way back by lunging up the inside, crashing his bike and ultimately upending hayden. very similar to the rossi-stoner incident. That, whilst a very agressive move, at least provides a chance for both riders to make the turn, if rider 1 doesn't crash and rider 2 sees him and moves wide. The difference is that simoncelli's move completely took away track space from dani. I'm sure we've all been 'cut-up' on the road, and that's exactly what happened here. the difference is clear enough to me and whilst I like simoncelli, he needs to meter out the great agression that he has on a bike, not go all-in mid-race.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

the difference

as others have repeated ad nauseam, is that in a racing incident a rider makes a mistake and ends up unable to avoid a crash, e.g. Pedrosa/Haydon, Rossi/Stoner, Xaus/Fabrizio. The guy at fault tends to be genuinely apologetic afterwards. Simoncelli was in control and deliberately left Pedrosa without any room. Moreover, despite the entire paddock thinking otherwise, he apparently doesn't believe he's done anything wrong so his 'apologies' are a bit insincere. Black flag him til he gets it (could be a while). And maybe Dorna could team up with the WWE to launch a choreographed moto-battle, ben hur style with bladed wheels or something, then all the knuckleheads can go watch that.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

I can understand where you're coming from Weskit but you seem to be implying that he deliberately went in there to cause a crash... if you look at it from the point of view that he made a mistake (as did Dani in this instance IMO) & wasn't trying to force Dani to crash then it's no different than the mistakes made by Rossi/Dani/ etc... they're all ambitious moves that ended badly in an accident... & if you are saying that he deliberately forced a crash then he should be banned for life never to return to this level of racing.

Reply to this Topic
gaziskwakers

Feb 06

gaziskwakers says:

weskit...

If Weskit thinks any rider deliberatly causes a crash then he really does not understand racing. Most crashes are due to one or more errors of judgement and in this case there are two, 1 marco thought he could squeeze in front of dani ..2 dani thought he could push marco wide.. it was a case of irrisistable force meets imovable object. All this over reaction firstly by paul butler and race direction backed up by the rest of the paddock ( who are only acting for the best interests of ...... themselves!) is getting very boring, and is making me want to watch superbikes instead. better racing and no prima donna's ( well except biaggi.) It was a crash it happens, get over it.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

yeah didn't mean it to read like that, more that he made a deliberate choice to be aggressive, coming from behind he should have left much more room than that. If he intended to leave more room and made a mistake (and nothing he's said so far suggests that's the case) then most other riders would accept they screwed up and take the ride through.

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

Italian aggressive/not boring/mentally tough/irresponsible rider duffs up Spanish and gets a hearing from Dorna (Spanish) in Catalunya (Spain)....yes, should go well for him

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

dorna out foggy in

im sick of this gp pinnacle of racing shit, are they paid to say that by the way?? just get the fuck on with it its starting to make f1 look exciting, sort out the qualifying moanings and go and bloody try and win the race not fart ass about who moans the most, the point is all us fans look forward to the race, and its clear now its not as far from a let down, world supers is way better value and better action, moto 2 even now is good to watch, these guys say they wanna race hard and win ect and when they try to they get stomped on for it, pedro needs a fucking weight gain iv said it ok !!!fast as he is he aint built for the knocks as proved last few seasons. and rossi's shoulder im sick of hearing of too, our own cal has same issues in less heal time and is doing it for the fans, pay me this pay me that. get on with it for god sake. rant over.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
teharada

Jul 10

teharada says:

bullshit!

Simoncelli is just what MOtoGP spectacle need in the after-Rossi era! He is very fast, talented & aggresive.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices