Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati burns the history books with new 1199 superbike New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Ducati burns the history books with new 1199 superbike

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Ducati burns the history books with new 1199 superbike

The first spy shot of Ducati's 1198-replacing new superbike confirms the firm is a lot less sentimental about traditional Ducati characteristics than many fans. The result is the most extreme V-twin ever, but with its RSV4-alike tail, Kawasaki-style side-mounted shock and Buell-pattern belly-mounted exhaust it's without question less distinctively Ducati. But the fact is the firm can't afford to care. Ducati...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (01 June 2011 10:24)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gravelrashjr

Mar 11

gravelrashjr says:

sv650sadam

Amen to that...

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

DUC SB 1199......FINAL FRONTIER?

Having looked (zoomed in )on the pic on the MOTO SPRINT mag cover,i noticed the side mounted shock,the short A*** tail seat unit and the good old s.s.swingarm,still extant.:hmmm: Having read the excerpt,it said the bike is STILL to be a V-TWIN,or L-Twin as Ducati like to call them. This engine configuration has got to be at the end of all possibilities for extracting any more juice from it,surely,as the article expressed,next step is to add another cylinder or two.:unsure: Lets just be hopes when Ducati release this model it looks the dogs wotsits and not some WATERED DOWN - MAJOR LET DOWN. You know what the manufacturers are like,hyping a new model up,then BANG,CRASH,WALLOP...what an ugly piece of S***:shock:....... I also hope,Ducati eventually brings out an OVER THE TOP RRSPS with all the toys on it,carbon everything,titanium,ceramic,full race monoblocs,200bhp at the crank,etc,now that would be worth waiting for.:biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

Look at the picture....

It looks like he's sitting higher than the tank?

Reply to this Topic
kendizx9r

Oct 04

kendizx9r says:

your havin a larf

another bike i cant afford but will only see its full use on the race track anyway, so not too bothered stick with my 1500 pound sports bike that does 170 and still looks the dogs, our lass made me write this cos she noticed no pillion seat on it.

Reply to this Topic
karlos359

Aug 06

karlos359 says:

Heart or head

I've got a 748S. Why? Because I bought it with my heart. I will keep it because of my heart and every bike I may subsequently buy will be with my heart. I will not get rid of the 748 even if I can afford another bike, because my heart will tell me not to. I've just bought a Vespa scooter today too. Why? Because I used to have a PX years ago and my heart said go on get another Vespa. Heart or head. Know what I am.

Reply to this Topic
Lorel

Jun 11

Lorel says:

Ducati

Bit overkill to go down to Asdas, seats way up high eerm stick to my Cbr 600 I like the old 748 maybe one day.

Reply to this Topic
stonecoldkane

May 10

Which future... ??

Well said Karlos359, when l was younger and money was tight, the struggle between head and heart was more pronounced, now l am older l have 4 bikes, all bought with my heart. Now l like speed and performance as much as the next man,  and would love it if one could ride this bike on the road like it was intended for, but sod all ever comes past my 06 1200 Bandit, and l pass many sports bikes on my 1900 Midnight Star....  So l am hoping the future lies more towards 100mpg and 10k service intervals, while keeping up power levels.

Reply to this Topic
DESMOHEAD

Aug 03

DESMOHEAD says:

Heart

Totally agree with both of you. I remember seeing the 916 in 94' It completely overwhelmed me. Didn't even have a CBT. Went out and took it in 2005. I passed my test in 96', went straight out and bought a 600SS. Had that a year, chopped it in for a 96' 748 demonstrator from Chris Clarke up in Norfolk. Chopped that in in 99' with Clarke's again and bought a brand new black Senna... discounted because the 996 had just come out. I was totally skint for over a year paying it off. When I went out, I went out on the Senna. Could just about afford to run it. Still got it and been all over the UK on it. All those Duc's were bought with the heart and I've enjoyed every minute or it.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices