You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Suspension > RS 125 aprilia

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Project90

Jul 07

Project90 says:

RS 125 aprilia

well my nice 11yr old rs125 has passed its MOT, only advisory was the rear suspension has got  a lack of dampening.

I will have to buy a new rear shock, but i was looking at a Hagon its double the price of the OEM aprilia 1 but you can obviously replace parts in them if they go wrong next time, but as being a rs125 it would prob out last the bike.

Or do i just buy an aprilia 1 from a stealer as to be fair the orginal has done 10k miles+ and lasted the 11 years of life its had and a very major crash.

sorry to dribble on but just wanted to hear any other options or views on the matter.

the hagon unit was i think around £230 and the genuine 1 is £150.

any input welcome

cheers

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (01 June 2011 22:06)

Post a message in Suspension

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

rs125

For a start well done for maintaining this model for 11 years:shock:,also your mot guy must be a friend and you`ve answered your own question about the genuine shock which should have a warranty for a few years.Your option is not to fit one.   

Reply to this Topic
Project90

Jul 07

Project90 says:

jaffa90

how you mean not to fit one?

and the MOT guy is just the local garage along the road where my bike is kept, been going there for a few years obviously.

probally get a new 1 some time nearer next MOT as i tend not to go on it very much just use it to keep my NCB's going, and i wouldnt say i maintain it, to be honest i dont even know how it stil going, its had no services or any thing, just use motul 2 stroke oil and let it be. It had a few things done to it including a new engine while the old 1 was getting repaired, but now original engine is back in and full power is quite fun :D

thanks for the comment

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

mot

An advisory is not a failure as you know,as you say it`s up to you if you fit one tomorrow.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Project90

If you are only keeping the bike to maintain your NCB then go for the original shock as it is cheaper. 

I have a Hagon on my VFR and it is much better than the original unit.  However, in my case there was not much difference in the cost of the OE unit and the Hagon so I went for the better kit.  

Reply to this Topic
Project90

Jul 07

Project90 says:

update

just to let you know i have just fitted my 2nd hand shock, came off a 2007 model rs, not a new 1 but still gets through mot hopfully and keeps it going for another few years.

while the panels were off aswell thought it was about time to get an oil change too so done that too, hopfully in future i get it done more frequent than every 8 years

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices