Skip to content

Discuss This Catalunya MotoGP: Ben Spies looks to revive fortunes MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Catalunya MotoGP: Ben Spies looks to revive fortunes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Catalunya MotoGP: Ben Spies looks to revive fortunes

Ben Spies is confident he can put a disappointing start to his second season in the MotoGP world championship behind him in this weekend’s Catalunya clash near Barcelona. The Texan is currently languishing down in 12th position in the overall points having crashed out of two of the opening four races. Spies was on course for a podium in Jerez when he...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (02 June 2011 19:02)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Go Ben.

Show em all you mean business I hope his crew gives him a good bike set up for the whole weekend so he can show everyone why he is on the works M1.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Ben

Bens been a huge disappointment so far , I really hoped he would be joining the aliens.

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Not going with him

The luck is not with him at the moment. Be patient and I am sure he will resume his position.

Reply to this Topic
dave2011

May 11

dave2011 says:

Richard1967

I have to agree his performances have been a huge anti-climax so far this year, although for some reason I do believe Ben Spies will come good. Lets hope he doesnt become another Edwards!

Reply to this Topic
bruncvik

Aug 09

bruncvik says:

I'm sure he'll..

start to turn it around soon. All the same, he's never gonna win a WC if he persistently under performs at tracks he doesn't 'really care for too much'. You simply can't have 3 or 4 weak tracks at this level.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Wishy Washy

I don't know how he will recover after such a poor interview. He is talking like he shouldn't be there? Life was all too easy in the states with only one decent rival and it wasn't much of a transition to more of the same in Wobbly World Supers. Well this IS the "A" game and as much as I admire Elbowz relentless cheerleading I must admit I am staying in Richard1967's camp tonight. He says it spot on for me. ***** Pre race disaster quote of the season so far for me; "It wasn’t a great result but to see the points again was a good feeling." SEE THE POINTS at Le Mans!!! WTF Ben??? I am actually scared he has lost the will to live..... ??? It is a shame Richard1967 and I didn't submit an entry for Le Mans. I would have been very sportsman like and let Richard1967 have his choice a) Lorenzo's paddock scooter; b) Spies paddock scooter. I don't know how exciting our scooter duel would have been or how much TV coverage we would have received although I am certain we would have been lapped 12 -14 times! But at least we could go to Matt Birt and say "It wasn't a great result but seeing some points was a good feeling, for BOTH of us!!!! Scoring points in Moto GP means nothing except you rode around the circuit on a homologated bike! Sixth place doesn't sound good when you were 31 seconds behind the winner and over 15 seconds behind some no hoper on a Ducati in 3rd! ***** Quick Richard1967 do some research for me, I will shout you a pint and rustle up a Cowan autograph for you. Your mission is to contact Aprilia and Piaggio, or even Pugeot and see if they make a "Prototype" scooter (no more than 800cc) and make the deal for two to test ride 10 - 12 June. Rendezvous at Silverstone and get our names on the Moto GP standings chart....... Cest' La Vie!

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Humbles Pies

There are a number of riders who seem to me to be beaten before they race in motogp and Ben is one of them . Talking about points when not battling for the championship is defeatism . Talking of how good the other riders are and how they are your heros seems to be an admission of unworthiness to me .Cals doing it a lot too.

Reply to this Topic
Lord Larry

Jul 07

Lord Larry says:

Spies - Toseland?

After a very promising start in his first season, it appears that like James Toseland, Ben Spies is failing to build on that start in season two.

It's like deja vu, with another World Superbike champion failing to establish himself among the ranks of the 'aliens'. 

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Needs to start beating dovi

I have not written him off yet but with Dani out he really needs to be beating dovi into 4th, dovi is obviously on the better bike but no one has ever accused him of having alien potential, time to lift you game Ben I think you can do it.

The big american query for me is hayden, does he end up at LCR, take edwards seat at Tech 3 or does ducati believe the hype and keep him for his 1000 potential, lets face it the guys performances don't warrant a factory seat. With repsol going back to 2 bikes and simoncelli looking for another seat if he doesn't find some consistency nickys tenure at ducati is looking increasingly tenuous. Ducati must be looking for someone to take over as number 1 from rossi within the next couple of years, why not recruit say a simoncelli now rather than keeping the underperforming nice guy.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

@ Elbowz11

have you checked to see if there is another username available for when the season progresses but Ben doesnt ;)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices