Skip to content

Discuss This Compulsory hi-vis in France General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Compulsory hi-vis in France

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Compulsory hi-vis in France

Compulsory hi-vis jackets for motorcyclists are among a raft of restrictive new traffic laws to be introduced in France. Motorcyclists also face compulsory retraining if they haven’t ridden for five years and larger number plates on their bikes. Other measures include jail sentences for speeding by more than 31mph (50kph), removal of speed camera signs and a ban on camera warning devices...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (03 June 2011 10:43)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Hi Viz

I can guarantee i'll never wear one, there are no coppers about to enforce it over here anyway if it came in.

If no motorcyclist wears one what could they do ? They couldn't prosecute everybody could they, as long as the vast majority stick together these bully tactics won't be enforcable.   

Reply to this Topic
coxyjm

May 10

coxyjm says:

The French

are SHIT drivers, bikers out there need to be visable, it is unfortunate, but necessary. I hate the french bunch of smelly hairy peasants, with no biking history. SHIT cars as well. Dont get me started on Belgium.

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

No biking history?

www.cybermotorcycle.com/euro/france.htm

Wrong there mate, but I agree their cars are crap..

Reply to this Topic
Vortex1952

Mar 11

Vortex1952 says:

Well RISTY

If the ever so placide british attiude toward everyting the government trow at them remains we will all have to were it....

Reply to this Topic
coxyjm

May 10

coxyjm says:

joeslow. oops

i stand corrected, but i have never heard of any of those companies apart from a couple. bloody french

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Blockade the ports , burn the witches, Off with their heads, Storm the Bastille, Just some of the responses available in France. Us Brits,,, we just take whats dished out.

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

European Anschluss

This decree is a blatant throwback to 40's Germany, why not demand that motorcyclists wear a flourescent yellow 6 pointed star - a Star of David? The vile discrmination here ought to be recognised for what it is. France bans an item of dress one month then demands the wearing of another soon after, based on safety advice that is little removed from fiction.

Reply to this Topic
seniorspanner

Jan 09

Surprise surprise

I was out today with a black crash helmet, black leathers, black Bonneville, headlight off, and, unusually, no-one pulled out on me in 150 miles!! C'est la vie!!

Reply to this Topic
SiegerMotorsports

Sep 09

eurotunnel and p&o

will be well pissed off at this

Reply to this Topic
pgmaestas

Oct 02

pgmaestas says:

High Viz in France

What about the number plates? If we are to comply with this legislation, will we also have to carry another number plate to fix to the bike when we cross the border? I think that someone in the French Government has been smoking too much pot!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices