Skip to content

General spray on numberplate shit Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > spray on numberplate shit

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

JAWAPAWA

Sep 10

JAWAPAWA says:

spray on numberplate shit

does that stuff really work? is it legal? are there any numberplate invisible to cameras? is it just photo cameras or invisible to videos as well?

thanks peeps

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (03 June 2011 15:31)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
JayEmm

Aug 09

JayEmm says:

well..

first thing is that the Old Bill have 14 days from the alleged offence to present you with a Notice of Intended Prosecution (Persecution?), taking into account the vagaries of the Royal Mail I'd say you're clear.

On the original note I recall one of the bike mags at the NEC looking at the stall for this wonder treatment for number plates and also pre-made 'stealth plates', they then took a photograph of it with their nice big flashgun equipped camera.... you could see every detail. Waste of money I reckon!

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

One:

If you're speeding through marked up fixed cameras, regardless of what you have on your plates, you're daft. What's the point for a matter of a few yards of going 40 in a 40 limit?

I wouldn't put 100% faith in anything on my plates, including mud. Which is an offence as well (spray certain types of oil on it, or chain lube, and you'll pick up more crap.... don't do it with a shiny clean bike though...)

Two: this stuff won't help you against a following cop car, a camera van or a plod on the side of the road with a gun. Those are the real threats to your licence as they aren't sign posted.

If you're not taking notice of giant speed camera signs, cameras painted bright yellow and even with locations published on the internet / on sat navs, etc and you still get caught, whose fault is that? It implies you're exceeding the speed limit without using adequate observation for normal speeds, never mind excessive speed.

If you want to really avoid prosecution for speeding you need a cloned plate from an identical bike (plus the other guy's details) and a device to swap the plates when required. Get caught with that though and oh boy you are f**ked. Ideally for that plan you also need generic leathers and generic helmet paid for in cash from somewhere which doesn't take your details, because if they really want they can spend ages finding out who bought what... some guy covering his plate through a camera or doing wheelies through them or something got caught on the basis that only three people in the city had his jacket and his helmet was also rare... lol.

Reply to this Topic
Spire

Oct 04

Spire says:

NIP

Nope you can't count your chickens yet.  They have 2 weeks to issue the original NIP to the registered keeper.  Which no doubt is your company secretary.  They then have 28 days in which to reply and inform them who was driving.  They then have to contact you (don't think there is any limitation on how long they have to do this).  When we got caught on camera with the wifes company car it was two months before we heard about it.

So the only way to find out is to speak to your company to find out if they have had a NIP for your car.

With regards to the number plate sprays.  No they don't work.  Don't waste your money on them

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

spray

on won't work against ANPR.

Besides ANPR works as a system which only flags up known criminals, stolen cars, those without insurance and those with other markers against them. Everyone else is discarded.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Won't work.

I know spray-on shit won't work, -on anything. I said that earlier on.

I was hoping to provoke views on whether the Royston ANPR plan is Orwellian, or not? It's been said that data regarding non-marked (innocent) vehicles is not deleted, but stored.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Ah

Fair enough. Was quite grumpy due to my leg hurting last night - sorry if it seemed like was having a go.

EDIT - where has the stored thing come from. I'd imagine given the amount of traffic and the number of cameras it would take a serious amount of data storage to hold all that information for any decent length of time. I can imagine keeping it for a week might be useful if they want to backtrack a car's movements after a crime has happened.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Hi Phil,

Actually I was just fretting over whether my first line above sounded tetchy. It wasn't meant to be, sorry. How did you hurt your leg?

I tried to post another link last night but this website was having it. Here it is: http://www.royston-crow.co.uk/news/anpr_cameras_defended_by_police_1_877469

The ANPR manager is quoted as saying, "The only details the camera takes is the number plate which is kept under national guidelines for two years for law-abiding drivers."

Personally I'm in two minds about all this. I want them to catch uninsured drivers, etc and I've got nothing to hide but still I wonder if we're at the thin end of the wedge regarding the state tracking its citizens.

Reply to this Topic
countryrider

Jan 11

countryrider says:

Can

they clobber you if you get flashed by a camera facing you? I have herd that they can do you on eye colour.

Also, as the average speed cameras on motorways face you aswell, does this mean that they can't get you?

Reply to this Topic
goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

Invisible Plates

A few years ago, I owned a number plate business called Posh Plates....I set it up to make small " show plates " to bikers.... Before long I had several companies trying to sell me these invisible plates ( where the backing reflects really bright when faced with a gatso flash )....

I was informed from a police officer mate...that some traffic officers had started to carry digital cameras in their cars to try and catch out those trying to hide their identity...

I also had dealings with a rep who tried to sell me those invi-plate sprays...but he admitted that in the rain...they may not work....

So I left well alone...th elast thing I want is to answer the door to a pissed of biker who though he was immune from the law...only to find out the plate he'd bought didnt work...

In my experience, if you ride ok...the police will usually overlook a small plate...but if the y catch you trying to "pervert" things...youre in for a sore bottom !!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices